Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Morrocan Fish (salmon)

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 10:37 am
This is a really easy stovetop recipe that comes out amazing every time. You can play around with the ingridients a lot. The only thing I have left to figure out is why the fish falls apart because it is too soft. Maybe because I am cooking it too long?

I don't have measurements as I do everything according to how many pieces of fish I have and whatever fits in the pan Very Happy

Onions
Garlic
Chilies-optional
Carrots
Red and yellow peppers
Tinned tomatoes
Spices- salt, black pepper, curry, paprika, whatever smells right
Salmon filets

Saute onions until slightly brown. Add chopped garlic (I use a lot). When the garlic looks brown, you can add some (1-4 depending) chopped fresh red chilies if you like chilies, otherwise leave it out. Then add carrots sliced thinly lengthwise and thinly sliced red and yellow peppers also sliced lengthwise. This mixture takes ages to cook so I leave it and just keep stirring and checking. Next add some tinned chunky tomatoes. I add spices (salt, black pepper, curry, paprika, whatever smells right) and mix it up, cook for a few minutes. To this I add the salmon (filets) and try to make sure every piece is covered with the sauce, so each one has the full flavor. Cook til looks done. I always taste some to make sure I added enough spices and salt I then carefully transfer over to a 9 x 13 glass pan that I can use for warming and to put on the table. The end!

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 11:13 am
What is tinned tomatoes?

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 11:15 am
canned?

Tamiri

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 11:16 am
That's how british people say canned.
Tinned Tuna = Canned Tuna
etc.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 11:22 am
LOL thank you
you learn something new everyday

Tamiri

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 12:43 pm
Hey, how about starting a thread about something new you learned today? Very Happy

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 12:47 pm
Tamiri wrote:
Hey, how about starting a thread about something new you learned today? Very Happy

HA, HA!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics