Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Which school would be a good fit for dd?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 7:37 pm
Not asking for this coming year (dd turned four in Jan ) but the year after. Figured it's not to early to start researching so I could apply right away when registration opens....

She's my first girl so no one in any other girl schools yet. She has difficulty processing things - like anwering "wh" questions, understanding more complex ideas (unless taught in a hands on way so she can also see it). Her speech isn't so clear. She doesn't do well under stress.... No behavioral issues though. She's doing well in playgroup with peers, just doesn't always follow the more complex parts of what's taught. What school would be a good fit? Ideally would want a school that isn't so pressured, small classes (I know, the chance of that is small....), will work with her if she needs extra help.... I know things can change in a year, but if not and she's behind academically, would want her somewhere that will make her feel good anyhow, where marks aren't the most important thing....
We are yeshivish but honestly a school that will be a good fit for her emotionally is my main concern (although I guess I wouldn't want somthing very modern unless no other choice.....)

giftedmom

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 7:39 pm
Someone said in another thread that bnos penina has small classes

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 7:41 pm
The issue is once you're in a school it can be hard to switch down the road. Although, I know some people who have switched.

amother
Outerspace

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 7:56 pm
Bnos Bracha is a warm, accepting school and very professional.

amother
Mulberry

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 8:45 pm
I find the bigger more established schools like bais Faiga , bais tova are more equipped to assist children that need extra help. Is your husband in kollel? That makes it easier To get in. I have neighbors that send to bnos Penina and are not happy with the way it’s run. Most schools in Lakewood don’t have small class size though

GLUE

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:07 pm
Maybe call up on of the places like Peal Blua and ask what is a good school, maybe they can also help you get in to that school.

I don't know if they do I never tried.

cupcake123

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:13 pm
A school that will have resources for you will usually mean it's larger, older , more established and thus bigger classes.
There's so many of that type bais faiga, bnos devorah , ... however basically impossible to get into these places.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:18 pm
I know this isn’t what you’re asking, but she sounds like an excellent candidate for speech and language therapy. The earlier you start the more productive it is. You can either do it through insurance, or wait till she starts school and do it though boe (much harder to get)

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:24 pm
I second the speech and language.
Have her evaluated asap.
And you need a more established school. Bais Faiga will take the best care of you. It’s also the hardest to get into.
Small warm schools are wonderful, but don’t have the same resources.
Other good ideas are Bais Tova, Bnos Devorah, and Baks Rivka Rochel.
Maybe the new Bais Faiga will feed off the old one and will have resources.

eagle

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 9:36 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
I find the bigger more established schools like bais Faiga , bais tova are more equipped to assist children that need extra help. Is your husband in kollel? That makes it easier To get in. I have neighbors that send to bnos Penina and are not happy with the way it’s run. Most schools in Lakewood don’t have small class size though

Is it possible for you to pm me with more information about Bnos Penina? Thank you so much

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 12:00 am
eagle wrote:
Is it possible for you to pm me with more information about Bnos Penina? Thank you so much

Maybe start a spin off asking questions for people to answer?

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 12:50 am
eagle wrote:

Stay away from that school.

eagle

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 1:20 am
Would you send to Ohr Devora over Bnos Penina?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 1:26 pm
amother Valerian wrote:

What is so wrong with this school? My daughter is in primary and now I'm nervous....

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 2:28 pm
amother NeonOrange wrote:
What is so wrong with this school? My daughter is in primary and now I'm nervous....

It's the school that people send when they can't get into any other school, so all the snobs in town don't like it.

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 3:59 pm
amother Valerian wrote:

Why are you saying this?
Did you send and had a bad experience? or another reason?

Don't just put out such a statement explain why you would say such a thing.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 4:37 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:
Why are you saying this?
Did you send and had a bad experience? or another reason?

Don't just put out such a statement explain why you would say such a thing.

The girls from there have a much harder time getting into high school than any other school, except maybe Ohr Devorah.

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 4:50 pm
amother Pearl wrote:
The girls from there have a much harder time getting into high school than any other school, except maybe Ohr Devorah.

Why is that?

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 5:24 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:
Why is that?

I don’t know.
But I know that it’s known as a school of last resort because of this problem.

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 5:47 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:
It's the school that people send when they can't get into any other school, so all the snobs in town don't like it.

I personally know a few families that pulled their kids out, not because of the crowed but bec they were not happy with the school itself. Seems to be more flying, not on top of things, not such great teachers etc . That doesn’t make ppl snobs for not wanting to send there
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries