Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Do your toddlers have more than 1 pair of shoes?
1  2  Next

Do your toddlers have more than 1 pair of shoes?
Yes  
 68%  [ 93 ]
No  
 31%  [ 42 ]
Total Votes : 135

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 9:08 am
Ie also have Shabbos shoes?

amother
Tomato

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 9:09 am
Inexpensive shabbos shoes.

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 9:10 am
My toddler has 1 pair of sneakers, a pair of $20 shabbos shoes and crocs from my older kiddo.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 9:11 am
School shoes, Shabbos shoes, and floafas (how she says floafers) from the 75% off sale.

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 9:12 am
Shabbes shoes especially Toddler girls. ( Think a mary jane look vs. boy I could maybe get away)
I usually have simchas and wan't them to look dressy.

In the summer I get reg. priced shoes, then cheaper sandals, sneakers and water shoes. I love to have the change and I find they wear and tear faster in summer with bikes, parks and water.

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 9:16 am
Not necessarily for Shabbos. I buy shoes that can work for both. But always try to have 2 pairs in case we don't find one once they discover how to remove their shoes

amother
Heather

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 9:16 am
Weekday shoes, sneakers, shabbos shoes, floafers.

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 9:24 am
Weekday shoes, sandals because I don’t want to put on socks, shabbos shoes for a sibling wedding under 20$

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 9:27 am
I didn't get shabbos shoes until thry were old enough to ask for it. I geberally kept in sneakers or sandals or winter shoes and that's it. I do like having more than one pair of shoes at a time, in case one gets lost, dirty (like stepped in dog poop or soaked in mud or rain and needs to be cleaned and dried), etc. So as above, one pair of seasonal shoes and one pair of sneakers.

giftedmom

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 9:27 am
18$ shabbos shoes but she ends up wearing her sandals on shabbos because everything else comes off

writinggirl

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 9:37 am
My 16 month old has leather sandals that he can also wear on shabbos, white sneakers, and I’m getting him a pair of floaters or natives for the splash pad nearby. If we had a simcha I’d probably buy him a cheap pair of coordinating dress shoes, but his sandals are great for summer shabbos otherwise.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 9:43 am
No for the boys, unless there's a simcha.

Yes, a cheap pair for the girls.

The boys have never complained.

Tzutzie

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 9:54 am
1 pair of Floafers.
2 pairs Piperfinn Oxfords
(Different colors to match For shabbos, and dressy vochen like events or chol hamoed. They strech and fit for a long time but arent very durable. He goes thru 2-3 a year.)
3 pairs sneakers
(One was a mistake I wanted to return they refunded me and said to keep or donate. My kid is obssesed with it cuz it has bright colors. I think its too sporty and I let him wear but not to cheder.)
I find it's important to have 2 pairs of everyday sneakers /shoes. I don't want to be running up and down looking for it in the morning.
One time his shoes were missing for a week. I found it outside in the grass wet. Luckily they are washable and I threw it in the next towel load. But had I not had a second pair I'd be running around looking for it and never found it.

No need for extra water shoes. Floafers ARE water shoes.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 10:00 am
Depends what age. My daughter is 2.5 and has a closet full of shoes. My teens liked to tease me that she's in competition with my shoes!
She's my only girl and I buy them quite cheap. Target, Shein, Ali, Dsw etc...
Her most expensive shoes were her shabbos ones from Ali that were $28.

amother
Maple

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 10:06 am
I voted 1, but I didn't count crocks/ floafers etc. In the summer I may get 2 a sandal & sneakers because I get them really cheap. For winter I buy 1 expensive pair because the cheap ones are usually sweaty & not comfortable & they need to last alot longer.

TravelHearter

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 10:32 am
Weekday- 1. Usually a sneaker/shoe combo because I want something of decent quality on their feet but not something with laces or too bulky of a sneak. So usually a hook and loop kind of shoe like cute vans etc.
Shabbos- 1. These I don’t care about quality as much so I get from Amazon.
In the winter there’s usually a pair of cheap rain boots.
They like having crocs to chill around in, this season I got cheap off brand natives so they can also wear those to camp.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 10:52 am
Depends, first walker, no I spent too much in a Jewish store for a good leather pair.
Over 2, yes a $15-25 shabbos pair.
Weekday only 1, end up buying 2-3 times a year. Occasionally in Jewish stores, usually online. But they are young and not picky. Soon that won't work.

mha3484

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 10:56 am
My 2 year old just has sneakers. I start with shabbos shoes usually around age 3 and I get them as cheap as I can like amazon or nordstrom rack.

tweety1

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 12:07 pm
At 3 yrs old I get them shabbos shoes. Boys and girls

Rappel

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 12:12 pm
Yes, but only because we recently had a family wedding. I normally give them one pair of sturdy shoes.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics