Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
If you shop only in jewish stores

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 2:26 pm
How do you afford a full wardrobe? I understand a couple of pieces but one skirt can be $ 100.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 2:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
How do you afford a full wardrobe? I understand a couple of pieces but one skirt can be $ 100.

EVERYONE MAKES HAS A DIFFERENT INCOME AND PRIORITIES!!!!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 3:00 pm
Hey I was just asking. This was not a judgemental post.

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 3:03 pm
Depending on whatโ€™s going on in my life Iโ€™m sometimes limited to local and easy.

Like now bh after a baby nothing fit me, I gave away 90% of my clothing and shopped local/ Jewish for the season. I bough 3 sets at around 50/70$ a piece (130 a set). A black skirt for 170 and 2 tees at 40.

Then 2 shabbos things for 350 total.

justforfun87

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 3:03 pm
Some prioritize quality over quantity so while my drawers/my kids drawers are shoved to the brim with cheap clothing spilling out some people buy outfits as whole and do laundry more often. So 5 outfits may be expensive but that is their clothing for the season.

ap

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 3:04 pm
I shop in the cheaper stores and sales

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 3:06 pm
One time I was upstate and I went into one of the ladies stores where everything was 50% or more. I chose a few dresses, it was $650. I pulled out a credit card and paid it. I can imagine the other ladies on line were shocked. For me it was literally the first things I bought for myself in over 2 years, maybe more. At the time I was postpartum and needed to feel normal in normal clothing.

Plot twist I ended up giving most of it away but what I was really paying for was self care and feeling good about myself and my body.

Doesn't answer your question but I just thought of this story.

giftedmom

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 3:38 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
One time I was upstate and I went into one of the ladies stores where everything was 50% or more. I chose a few dresses, it was $650. I pulled out a credit card and paid it. I can imagine the other ladies on line were shocked. For me it was literally the first things I bought for myself in over 2 years, maybe more. At the time I was postpartum and needed to feel normal in normal clothing.

Plot twist I ended up giving most of it away but what I was really paying for was self care and feeling good about myself and my body.

No one was shocked

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 3:40 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:

I can promise you that no one was shocked ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜…

amother
Candycane

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 4:04 pm
amother OP wrote:

From the income the family earns.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics