Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Is it safe to drive to...

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 11:27 am
We are coming to Israel for Shavuos. DH always gets nervous driving near Arab towns there, especially with the recent rockets and violence. Is it safe to drive in our rental car to Kever Rochel? To Alon Shvut? And we're not going to drive to Chevron, but is it safe to go there by bus?

Elfrida

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 11:47 am
Hundreds, if not thousands of people drive between Gush Etzion and Yerushalayim every day. You should have absolutely no problem driving to either Alon Shvut or Kever Rachel. Traffic jams might be an issue, but Arab violence is unlikely to bother you.

When my father visits he is always driving in a rental car, and that has never been an issue.

Iymnok

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 11:52 am
Kever Rochel is next door to Jerusalem. On regular days there’s plenty of parking.
Maaras hamachpela is driveable, but the chevron roads are weird, as in twisty and steep.
Kiryat Arba is easy.
You will drive through some villages, so a bus may be more comfortable for you.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 6:38 pm
Thanks. How about driving a rental car to Shiloh from Yerushalayim? I hear about people visiting there, but when I look on the map it looks like the route goes near a lot of places that make me uncomfortable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions