Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Sheva brachot- on a budget and quick!

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 4:03 pm
Was just asked to make a Sheva brachot for a couple getting married next week.. close friends daughter.

There is Reason why I was asked last minute… and I’m happy to help out. I just need your help to make it happen!!

I was it to be absolutely beautiful, without spending too much. I can get table clothes from a gemach, but what else can I do to make the table beautiful? Any links or pictures appreciated.

Food? Any ideas? It will be Sunday afternoon. I was asked for it not be dairy due to allergies etc… so meat it is.

I’m thinking a buffet. That’s all I got. I want there to be healthy options while still having non healthy for those who enjoy that. Also, I don’t have so much time to prepare with shavous and the wedding next week. So anything I can freeze without tasting like it’s from the freezer is helpful.
What kind of bread? I don’t want challah rolls. I want it to be more modern (not weird fancy) than traditional heimishe food.

Entertainment I was told it will be taken care of.

What else should I know. I’ve never hosted like this before. It’ll be about 35 people.

If you made it down here, thank you! All advice is appreciated

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 4:17 pm
Garlic knots, breadsticks, sourdough- can buy dough from freezer or buy from bakery

First Course Ideas-

Butternut squash/zucchini/veggie/cauliflower soup
Breads and Dips on mini plate
Salmon and sesame noodles

Main CourseIdeas-

Grilled chicken
BBQ- chicken wings, hot dogs, burgers, kabobs
Meat/Chicken kabobs
Roasted veggies- peppers, onions, squash
Green beans
Caesar salad
Coleslaw

Desert-

Bought Sorbet/Ices
Scoop of ice cream on brownie
Ice cream pie (use bought pie crust)

Game Ideas-

https://simchaspot.com/blog/20.....ames/

Mazel Tov!

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 4:24 pm
I’m nervous about making any bbq bc I have little kids and I don’t want to be committed to having my husband stand by the grill for so long.

Also shavous is right before the Sheva brachos. Not much time to prepare right before

Raindance

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 4:39 pm
You can prepeare shnitzels and freeze them raw on a baking sheet. Pop them in the oven frozen or defronst and smear with oil 7 minutes each side.

also burgers can be prepared and flash freeze.

ila

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 4:51 pm
Maybe a taco night? You can make and freeze the shredded meat and make grilled chicken breast
Salsa guacamole etc and maybe potatos if someone dont like tacos?

scruffy

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 4:55 pm
ila wrote:
Maybe a taco night? You can make and freeze the shredded meat and make grilled chicken breast
Salsa guacamole etc and maybe potatos if someone dont like tacos?

I like that!

Or maybe the same idea with Israeli. Shawarma/ falafel with pitas and salatim to put inside

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 5:33 pm
If it's buffet Sunday afternoon I would make a salad bar and bbq type of meat in the oven:
lettuce salad, corn salad,israeli salad and angel hair salad.(can be made in the morning!)
Grilled chicken, shnitzel and hamburgers (prepare raw and freeze,pop on the oven right before)
Hot dogs
Hot dog buns, hamburger buns and baguettes.
Dessert : fruits prepared on trays,cookies on trays and store bought sorbet!

Cheiny

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 6:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
Was just asked to make a Sheva brachot for a couple getting married next week.. close friends daughter.

There is Reason why I was asked last minute… and I’m happy to help out. I just need your help to make it happen!!

I was it to be absolutely beautiful, without spending too much. I can get table clothes from a gemach, but what else can I do to make the table beautiful? Any links or pictures appreciated.

Food? Any ideas? It will be Sunday afternoon. I was asked for it not be dairy due to allergies etc… so meat it is.

I’m thinking a buffet. That’s all I got. I want there to be healthy options while still having non healthy for those who enjoy that. Also, I don’t have so much time to prepare with shavous and the wedding next week. So anything I can freeze without tasting like it’s from the freezer is helpful.
What kind of bread? I don’t want challah rolls. I want it to be more modern (not weird fancy) than traditional heimishe food.

Entertainment I was told it will be taken care of.

What else should I know. I’ve never hosted like this before. It’ll be about 35 people.

If you made it down here, thank you! All advice is appreciated

Where are you located? There are gemachs with beautiful centerpieces and table decor.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 8:23 pm
Thanks I do have both Gemach’s near me

Just trying to be extra creative

amother
Camellia

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 8:43 pm
Buffet of
Chicken stir fry
Sesame noodles
Meatballs
Salami Rice
Baby chicken kebabs
Potato bourekas
Portobello salad
Baby spinach salad
Nish nosh salad
Assortment of mini baguettes, garlic knots and bagel twists (all bought ahead of time from parbaked freezer section- bake fresh)

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 8:43 am
Love the different breads idea. What kind of dips do I put out? It’s a Sunday so do I really want typical Shabbos dips?

amother
Copper

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 8:47 am
amother OP wrote:
Love the different breads idea. What kind of dips do I put out? It’s a Sunday so do I really want typical Shabbos dips?

No do like an olive tapenade with crusty mini rolls.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 10:18 am
Interesting. What other dips can I do?

amother
Camellia

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 10:50 am
A parsley garlic olive oil dip and a black olive tapenade

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 12:59 pm
Very cool. I don’t know how to make those!!
Recipes or links?

Anything more kid friendly? I believe I have at least 5 young teens coming
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics