Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Friday night, semi traditional main dish (preg friendly)

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 10:55 pm
I'm having one male guest friday night, dh's friend who's divorced.
I am mid pregnancy and really can't deal with protien of any kind and their odors, but something that's not too smelly/nauseating would be nice.
Any suggestions?
I was thinking maybe deli roll, potato kugel & something else, the question is what main protein won't nauseate me. (I prob won't eat it anyways, I would just love some suggestions that will be bearable to smell.)
Thanks!

accountantmommy

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 1:40 pm
Maybe chicken breast pieces cooked in a sauce to serve over rice. Sauce can maybe cover up chicken smell.

amother
Charcoal

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 1:46 pm
does the smell of meat bother you? like brisket or corn beef

ap

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 1:56 pm
Chicken on the bone that you can just put in the oven

SG18

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 7:49 pm
Can your husband make the protein? I find that the smell isn't as bad once it's cooked.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 11:14 pm
Buy ready takeout meat, chicken!! Transfer to your hotplate/blech.
Serve! And enjoy!

amother
Apricot

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 11:16 pm
I've been making the Friday night garlic chicken recipe from the Bais yaakov cookbook and I add 2-3 peeled, cubed potatoes under the chicken which becomes a built in side dish. I also drizzle some honey over the chicken. Super easy and tasty and is a good recipe for leaving on a hot plate.

ap

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 11:17 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
I've been making the Friday night garlic chicken recipe from the Bais yaakov cookbook and I add 2-3 peeled, cubed potatoes under the chicken which becomes a built in side dish. I also drizzle some honey over the chicken. Super easy and tasty and is a good recipe for leaving on a hot plate.

Can you share the recipe?

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 11:45 pm
I ended up making yapchik & deli roll, both bh didn't smell to strongly when baking as the kugel smell overtakes the meat and meat all together isn't so bad for me this time around bh.
Thank you everybody for your help, even if I didn't reply, it was good to get some direction!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note