Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Purchase from JJs house

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 11:12 am
Looking at the following 2 dresses from JJs house. Has anyone purchased these and if so do they look like the picture?

https://www.jjshouse.com/Sheat.....goods

https://www.jjshouse.com/A-Lin.....goods

amother
Broom

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 11:14 am
amother OP wrote:
Looking at the following 2 dresses from JJs house. Has anyone purchased these and if so do they look like the picture?

https://www.jjshouse.com/Sheat.....goods

https://www.jjshouse.com/A-Lin.....goods

Never ordered from them though I've considered it a number of times. I like the second option much more than the first, but how would you make it tznius in the back?

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 11:18 am
A while back I asked the same but haven't gotten any yes answers.
Their stuff looks nice but most things are made to order and their return policy deducts a nice chunk for restocking fee and the likes.
I wasn't ready to take the chance.

amother
Lily

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 11:33 am
I bought dresses for my girls from there and they looked just like the picture. BH it worked out with sizes because a lot of cousins wore matching so we were able to swap sizes as necessary, but their return policy isn’t great.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 11:52 am
I bought custom sized dresses for my girls and my nieces- 10 in total. The fit was amazing and only one out of the 10 needed further alterations. Great quality too. Never tried the adult dresses though.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 12:06 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
I bought custom sized dresses for my girls and my nieces- 10 in total. The fit was amazing and only one out of the 10 needed further alterations. Great quality too. Never tried the adult dresses though.

You didn't have to line them?

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 12:15 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
You didn't have to line them?

No, they were satin sleeveless gowns. The kids wore shells underneath.
I also asked them to change the back as it came with a v- neckline at the back that would have looked stupid with a shell; and also to sew them up without the 'train' and they were happy to do that for a small extra charge. /they were extremely helpful.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 12:20 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
No, they were satin sleeveless gowns. The kids wore shells underneath.
I also asked them to change the back as it came with a v- neckline at the back that would have looked stupid with a shell; and also to sew them up without the 'train' and they were happy to do that for a small extra charge. /they were extremely helpful.

My daughter's gown just arrived. We have a huge job at the dressmaker to line the whole top. I'm so curious if I could have had them make the sleeves longer because they're elbow length. Can you teach me how to customize on their site? For next time. Could they have lined it too, removed the corset bodice underneath the sheer top?

ruby slippers

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 12:22 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
My daughter's gown just arrived. We have a huge job at the dressmaker to line the whole top. I'm so curious if I could have had them make the sleeves longer because they're elbow length. Can you teach me how to customize on their site? For next time.

Yes- me too- how did you do that??

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 3:31 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
My daughter's gown just arrived. We have a huge job at the dressmaker to line the whole top. I'm so curious if I could have had them make the sleeves longer because they're elbow length. Can you teach me how to customize on their site? For next time. Could they have lined it too, removed the corset bodice underneath the sheer top?

The customizing of sizing is easily done before you put the item in the basket. You measure your child and put in the measurements.

For the rest I literally tried my luck, thinking they were anyway sewing it up custom for me, so I sent them an email asking if it was possible. They were very helpful. A couple of emails there and back and it was done. I wonder if they would do it for a single dress. This was the same change for 10 dresses.

amother
Moccasin

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 3:36 pm
I ordered from them. It's hit or miss. 2 out of 3 dresses were stunning. The third dress was a yuck! Unfixable and not returnable as customized dresses you can't return. I ordered this dress for my teen (custom) and bought a shell. Was absolutely stunning. Make sure you have a steamer because the gowns are packaged and only a steamer will unwrinkle them . I also bought a crinoline on Amazon. I found there satin gowns were beautiful. Chiffon was cheap and crummy.
https://www.jjshouse.com/A-Lin.....631#/

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 3:58 pm
amother Moccasin wrote:
I ordered from them. It's hit or miss. 2 out of 3 dresses were stunning. The third dress was a yuck! Unfixable and not returnable as customized dresses you can't return. I ordered this dress for my teen (custom) and bought a shell. Was absolutely stunning. Make sure you have a steamer because the gowns are packaged and only a steamer will unwrinkle them . I also bought a crinoline on Amazon. I found there satin gowns were beautiful. Chiffon was cheap and crummy.

My daughter was actually thinking of purchasing this dress! Thanks for the link and response.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 4:17 pm
amother Moccasin wrote:

Can you post the link to the crinoline that you bought from Amazon?

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 4:51 pm
A while back I ordered a Dress from there. Their sizes were confusing so I measured myself as they instruct and sent those for a custom fit.
I also asked for extra material to be able to add some detail on the top / lengthen the sleeves if needed.
The material they sent was a different shade of color to the dress.
The dress was so big it looked horrendous. And they refused to even allow me a partial refund for the extra material being wrong. It ended up in the garbage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics