Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
My tile kitchen floors are soooo dirty no matter what I do

cookiewriter

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 11:56 am
I have a housekeeper who works very hard she cleans the floors with those rubber brooms and she drapes an old towel under it (she cut a hole in the towel) and dips it into Mr clean and water and scrubs. She does it three times a week. She sweeps daily.

But my tiles are SO SO DIRTY
not the grout, bh that’s fine very thin grout and a grayish color so that parts ok.
The actual tile has tiny bumps and grooves and one day I was sitting on the floor with my baby and I saw all the dirt. I got out a Mr clean eraser and OMG what a difference. Was like white stripes on grey background.
I tried getting her a more scrubby shmatta instead of a soft fluffy towel but she won’t use it. I bought a scrubby machine on Amazon but it was annoying and didn’t work great.
I bought a steam Mop from bissel.

It doesn’t seem to be making a massive difference but I think if it’ll be used consistently it’ll make a difference

The only thing that helps immediately is the Mr clean eraser. But I can’t and don’t want to ask her to scrub the floor with a Mr clean eraser!
I’ve been doing a tile or so each night when she’s not around to see me doing it but this is not a long term solution.

What am I doing wrong
What should I do instead
And how to not insult her Sad

I showed her the steam mop this morning and she was all insulted immediately and said no I don’t like it I made her try it but after ten mins she went back to her towel on a stick creation.

Chayalle

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 12:01 pm
I had the kind of floor you are describing in my old house. Once a year or so I used to have it professionally cleaned, and in between, it was regular mopping.

cookiewriter

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 12:21 pm
Professionally cleaned by whom

Chayalle

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 12:59 pm
I used Best Cleaning in Lakewood.

cookiewriter

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 4:55 pm
Anyone else

bigbird

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 5:43 pm
What kind of tiles do you have? Is it natural stone? I have this problem with marble tiles that are not at all kid friendly!

care4u

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 6:02 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
I have a housekeeper who works very hard she cleans the floors with those rubber brooms and she drapes an old towel under it (she cut a hole in the towel) and dips it into Mr clean and water and scrubs. She does it three times a week. She sweeps daily.

But my tiles are SO SO DIRTY
not the grout, bh that’s fine very thin grout and a grayish color so that parts ok.
The actual tile has tiny bumps and grooves and one day I was sitting on the floor with my baby and I saw all the dirt. I got out a Mr clean eraser and OMG what a difference. Was like white stripes on grey background.
I tried getting her a more scrubby shmatta instead of a soft fluffy towel but she won’t use it. I bought a scrubby machine on Amazon but it was annoying and didn’t work great.
I bought a steam Mop from bissel.

It doesn’t seem to be making a massive difference but I think if it’ll be used consistently it’ll make a difference

The only thing that helps immediately is the Mr clean eraser. But I can’t and don’t want to ask her to scrub the floor with a Mr clean eraser!
I’ve been doing a tile or so each night when she’s not around to see me doing it but this is not a long term solution.

What am I doing wrong
What should I do instead
And how to not insult her Sad

I showed her the steam mop this morning and she was all insulted immediately and said no I don’t like it I made her try it but after ten mins she went back to her towel on a stick creation.

I feel you. I hv this in my mudroom. 4-5 times a yr I scrub with magic erase on hands & knees. Rest of the time, I close my eyes. Crying

farmom

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 6:05 pm
I have this with tiles that have ridges. I found a stronger chemical to clean with and it gets the dirt out. I don't have the name though

613mitzvahgirl

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 9:27 am
We have the swifter, you can try that.. it works very well for all floor types.. Hatzlocha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics