Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Toivel Betty Crocker?

lkwdlady

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 2:01 pm
Has anyone looked into this?
I had a Betty Crocker that broke. I toiveled it and waited a few days until it completely dried.
After only a few weeks it broke.

I just bought another one. I’m wondering if the first one broke because I toiveled it…
Has anyone asked if it’s necessary to toivel? I once learned that if an appliance might break then tevillah isn’t necessary.

I will probably ask my own shaila but I’m curious what others have to say.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 5:35 pm
I toiveled mine over a year ago and it's working fine ba"h.

Tranquil

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 5:43 pm
Bingo sells them with a hechsher of no tevila needed.

Highstrung

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 5:47 pm
BHYOMYOM1 wrote:
Bingo sells them with a hechsher of no tevila needed.

This. If you buy it from Bingo it says on the box that it doesn’t need tevilah and it has a hechsher . If people here didn’t point that out to me I would’ve never noticed it myself as it blends in and is almost camouflaged by the red of the box

lkwdlady

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 6:28 pm
Wow… thank you!!
I bought it at bingo… I just checked the box and it say tevillah not required-
I had no idea

BH Yom Yom

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 6:43 pm
Highstrung wrote:
This. If you buy it from Bingo it says on the box that it doesn’t need tevilah and it has a hechsher . If people here didn’t point that out to me I would’ve never noticed it myself as it blends in and is almost camouflaged by the red of the box

Is it possible to buy from Bingo if someone lives OOT?

farmom

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 6:45 pm
BH Yom Yom wrote:
Is it possible to buy from Bingo if someone lives OOT?

When I bought from Amazon it had a note from the kof k saying it doesn't need to be toiveled.

I think the company is owned by a Jew

precious

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 7:48 pm
We were told by two different rabbanim, different cities, to toivel it despite the note on box saying it's not needed

searching4

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 8:15 pm
I toiveled plenty betty crockers..No issues

Highstrung

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 8:22 pm
precious wrote:
We were told by two different rabbanim, different cities, to toivel it despite the note on box saying it's not needed

Straight from the OK’s website:
https://www.ok.org/consumers/pizzamaker/

lkwdlady

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 8:24 pm
Highstrung wrote:
Straight from the OK’s website:
https://www.ok.org/consumers/pizzamaker/

Can you try to post again? The link isn’t working.

Highstrung

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 8:29 pm
Not sure why it’s not linking properly:

Betty Crocker Pizza Maker
Published: March 16, 2023
Featured Image
An appliance or utensil manufactured under Jewish ownership does not require Tevila (immersion) in a mikva (ritual body of water).

Limited lots of Betty Crocker Pizza Maker Plus Model # BC2958CRW are manufactured under contract where the Jewish importer takes full ownership of all raw materials and components that will be used in the manufacturing of the appliance. These lots will have the OK symbol on the box. Additionally, Betty Crocker Pizza Maker Plus Model # BC2958CRW is contracted in a way that the importer retains ownership throughout the manufacturing process until the final product is produced.

There are varying opinions within Jewish law whether a utensil manufactured under Jewish ownership and is transferred to a non-Jewish retailer (for the sole purpose of re-selling it), requires Tevila (immersion). The Rabbinic authorities at OK Kosher have determined that it does not.

When the Betty Crocker Pizza Maker Plus bearing the OK symbol is purchased at Bingo, it is acceptable without Tevila according to all opinions.

A comprehensive overview of these laws can be found at https://www.ok.org/article/a-g.....lim/.

lkwdlady

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 5:13 pm
Highstrung wrote:
Not sure why it’s not linking properly:

Betty Crocker Pizza Maker
Published: March 16, 2023
Featured Image
An appliance or utensil manufactured under Jewish ownership does not require Tevila (immersion) in a mikva (ritual body of water).

Limited lots of Betty Crocker Pizza Maker Plus Model # BC2958CRW are manufactured under contract where the Jewish importer takes full ownership of all raw materials and components that will be used in the manufacturing of the appliance. These lots will have the OK symbol on the box. Additionally, Betty Crocker Pizza Maker Plus Model # BC2958CRW is contracted in a way that the importer retains ownership throughout the manufacturing process until the final product is produced.

There are varying opinions within Jewish law whether a utensil manufactured under Jewish ownership and is transferred to a non-Jewish retailer (for the sole purpose of re-selling it), requires Tevila (immersion). The Rabbinic authorities at OK Kosher have determined that it does not.

When the Betty Crocker Pizza Maker Plus bearing the OK symbol is purchased at Bingo, it is acceptable without Tevila according to all opinions.

A comprehensive overview of these laws can be found at https://www.ok.org/article/a-g.....lim/.

Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars