Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Sheet Pan Roasted Turkey Breast With Roasted Asparagus

Amarante

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 1:23 pm
The title really says it all - this is a great alternative to chicken and it is a one pan meal since you cook the veggies with the turkey and everything seasons everything else.

Honestly her advice about using a meat thermoment is dead on. A good one is about $10 from amazon and it should be used whenever you cook meat - to ensure that you don't overcook OR undercook.

I did parsnips as I love roasted parsnips

I just served with the pan juices but I included the easy recipe for cranberry sauce and gravy if you want to add. Cranberry sauce can easily be made ahead of time.

SHEET PAN ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH LOTS OF VEGETABLES

Excerpt From: Bonnie Stern - Don't Worry, Just Cook.

Serves 6

The secret to roasting the turkey breast so “it’s moist and juicy is to buy a good one and use an instant-read thermometer so you don’t overcook it. I like to serve this with just the pan juices—I don’t need the cranberry sauce and/or gravy

3 lb single, boneless, skin-on turkey breast
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp kosher salt
⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary

Vegetables

4 garlic cloves, sliced
2 carrots, scrubbed or peeled, cut into chunks
1 red onion, cut into wedges
1 lb butternut squash, cut into chunks
1 lb red potatoes or sweet potatoes, scrubbed or peeled, cut into wedges
1 lemon, sliced
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp harissa or other hot sauce, optional
3 sprigs fresh rosemary + more for serving
3 sprigs fresh thyme + more for serving
3 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley + more for serving
3 sprigs fresh sage + more for serving

1. Place the turkey breast in a baking dish. Combine the olive oil, honey, mustard, salt, pepper, and chopped rosemary and rub onto the turkey. Marinate at room temperature for up to 30 minutes while prepping the vegetables, or refrigerate up to overnight.

2. Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.

3. For the vegetables, combine the garlic, carrots, onions, squash, potatoes, and lemon slices in a large bowl. Combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, and harissa, and toss with vegetables. Spread on the lined baking sheet. Nestle the turkey breast, skin side up, in the center of the vegetables, making sure that it’s touching the baking sheet as much as possible. Scatter the herbs overtop. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and roast for 30 minutes.

4. Uncover, and roast for 30 minutes more, or until nicely browned and an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F to 175°F in the thickest part. If the turkey breast is browning too much, cover the turkey (but not the vegetables) lightly with aluminum foil. Cooking time will vary, depending on the thickness of the turkey and your oven.

5. Remove and discard the herbs that have dried. Slice the turkey breast, dip the slices into the pan juices, and arrange on or with the vegetables. Spoon any remaining pan juices overtop. Top with fresh herbs for serving.

CRANBERRY SAUCE: It is very easy and fun to make cranberry sauce. When the cranberries pop, it’s like they are talking to you and saying “Almost ready.” Place 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries in a medium saucepan. Add ¾ cup granulated sugar and 1 cup water (or orange, cranberry, or pomegranate juice). Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until the cranberries pop and deflate. The sauce will thicken when cool.

GRAVY: Heat 3 Tbsp schmaltz (chicken fat) or extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan. (If you have mushrooms, slice about ¼ lb and cook in the butter for a few minutes. They will add a deep color and flavor.) Add 3 Tbsp all-purpose (or gluten-free) flour and cook for a few minutes, stirring, until lightly browned. Stir or whisk in 3 cups chicken broth and 1 Tbsp each soy sauce or tamari, Worcestershire sauce, and fresh lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Add salt and Tabasco sauce to taste. Cook, uncovered, for about 10 minutes. When the turkey is ready to serve, add any pan juices to the gravy. Re-season to taste.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey