Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais Medrash for my 17 year old son - Please help find

tzipis

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 1:32 pm
I am posting here because we are having a hard time figuring out which Bais Medrash to apply to for our 17 year old son. I am hoping to get ideas from fellow mothers with sons that age. He will be in 12th grade so it has to be a Bais Medrash that will accept 12th graders. The mesivta that he's in now is not amazing for him and we think it's time for a change. We live in Lakewood but we are open to Yeshivos also within a few hours of Lakewood (he would like to be able to easily come home for shabbos). He is an average learner, not high level but definitely not low level either. Warmth is very important to us too. I would classify my son as open minded yeshivish. Any ideas??

Thank you!

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 1:45 pm
First of all, I would suggest you call rabbi Strauss who is the expert in matching boys up to mesivtas and bm’s.

My son went to “Newmans” when he was in 12th grade. It’s a bm that takes 12th graders. It’s near whispering pines.
The hanhalla is warm and the boys are nice but it is not a very yeshivish yeshiva so if that’s what your son wants, it’s not for him.
Again, I really think you should call r’ Strauss.

Hatzlocha!

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 4:13 pm
R' Nosson Newman currently in Baltimore (Baltimore is 3 hours from Lakewood). He is extremely warm and has a solid yeshiva. I know in the past he took 12th graders (even though the mesivta has a 12th grade. They didn't care).

He was connected to a mesivta in Baltimore until mid this year. They are currently sharing the building with the mesivta, but looking for a new location, not necessarily in Baltimore. He is not originally from Baltimore, (only moved to Baltimore a couple years ago) so it's not guaranteed it will be in Baltimore. Rumors say either Monsey or Baltimore.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics