Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Ebay Selling- should I go off ebay?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 12:28 pm
Im new to selling on ebay, and havent made any sales yet. I keep having people reach out with cell numbers to reach out to them directly and clearly to do the deal off ebay. Should I text them? Should I consider it?

What are the downsides?

FWIW, I have made many sales directly for high value items via facebook/instagram. I only accept Zelle or cash, and ship out the item after getting paid (or meet in person occasionally). I do not accept returns on anything. The risk is mainly on the buyer, not me.

Should this be any different? If I can sell off ebay and avoid paying their fees, plus not have to worry about people damaging items and making false claims to ebay- is it worth it?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 12:29 pm
Also, does it make sense someone might offer a higher amount than the listing, and ask for a different expedited shipping be included?

strawberry cola

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 12:38 pm
I know of people who were scammed by people offering to buy or sell outside of ebay. Beware. Don't do it.

Riki1991

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 12:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
Im new to selling on ebay, and havent made any sales yet. I keep having people reach out with cell numbers to reach out to them directly and clearly to do the deal off ebay. Should I text them? Should I consider it?

What are the downsides?

FWIW, I have made many sales directly for high value items via facebook/instagram. I only accept Zelle or cash, and ship out the item after getting paid (or meet in person occasionally). I do not accept returns on anything. The risk is mainly on the buyer, not me.

Should this be any different? If I can sell off ebay and avoid paying their fees, plus not have to worry about people damaging items and making false claims to ebay- is it worth it?

99 percent of those people are scammers (speaking from my own experience), if you try to contact them , their next step will be asking you to include a gift card, as this is supposedly a gift, they offer to pay over the asking price , so you get excited. Textbook scam.

Last edited by Riki1991 on Wed, May 24 2023, 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

cnc

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 12:40 pm
Definitely scammers
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics