Home

Ordered a fancy cheesecake
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos


View latest: 24h 48h 72h

sub




 
 
    
 

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 1:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
It was actually just delivered. Although apparently a different item than what I ordered because of a quality issue?

Yay👏😀
Is it a nice fancy one?
Enjoy your Yom Tov
Back to top

amother




Khaki
 

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 1:57 pm
or they ran out of the product that you ordered, or it was the last one left in the delivery van. if it makes no difference to you, great. but they should tell you they're replacing it etc. not just send you what they have without giving you a chance to cancel and order elsewhere.

I wonder if anyone ever got an order this late and it wasn't a mess-up.
last years flower was not what was ordered and in terrible condition
One year my flowers were a mix of different color themes. was terrible (different florist) . also came 1/2 hour before the zman.
I'd rather just go to the corner these days and buy my stuff, bec. the ordering and waiting for delivery gives me anxiety.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 2:19 pm
Double post
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 2:20 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
or they ran out of the product that you ordered, or it was the last one left in the delivery van. if it makes no difference to you, great. but they should tell you they're replacing it etc. not just send you what they have without giving you a chance to cancel and order elsewhere.

I wonder if anyone ever got an order this late and it wasn't a mess-up.
last years flower was not what was ordered and in terrible condition
One year my flowers were a mix of different color themes. was terrible (different florist) . also came 1/2 hour before the zman.
I'd rather just go to the corner these days and buy my stuff, bec. the ordering and waiting for delivery gives me anxiety.


The letter addressed to me inside said the batch was not up to their quality standards. I would have liked my original order. I guess I’ll wait and see though. This also looks good.
Back to top

imasinger




 
 
    
 

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 2:30 pm
I'm glad you got something delicious in the end. Enjoy!
Back to top

amother




Jetblack
 

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 2:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
The letter addressed to me inside said the batch was not up to their quality standards. I would have liked my original order. I guess I’ll wait and see though. This also looks good.


Enjoy.... (and sound like they need some help with customer service, you should have been notified of an updated delivery date).
Back to top

amother




Azalea
 

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 2:58 pm
If it's not your original order you deserve a refund regardless, because perhaps u would have opted out of the new variety and that's not fair.
Back to top

amother




Blushpink
 

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 3:14 pm
I am in the same boat but with fancy cheese I ordered. I was just notified it is coming tomorrow! Am I even allowed to refrigerate it or so I have to leave it in the package until after shabbos?
Back to top

amother




Ghostwhite
 

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 3:17 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
I am in the same boat but with fancy cheese I ordered. I was just notified it is coming tomorrow! Am I even allowed to refrigerate it or so I have to leave it in the package until after shabbos?

I was told I’m allowed to open packages I need for shabbos/yt
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, May 25 2023, 3:20 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
Enjoy.... (and sound like they need some help with customer service, you should have been notified of an updated delivery date).


If I or someone in my family were allergic to nuts, I would probably have to make a big deal. But we’re not. So I’ll just say it wasn’t a super sound business decision.
Back to top

Busybee5




 
 
    
 

Post Yesterday at 5:36 pm
Frustrating! At least it came before Yt. I ordered flowers twice from the same florist (not Jewish owned) and they never came at all. I was so angry. Since then I just buy a bunch of flowers from a supermarket!, save myself some money too.
Back to top

Rubber Ducky




 
 
    
 

Post Yesterday at 6:46 pm
So how how was the cheesecake?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Yesterday at 8:04 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
So how how was the cheesecake?


No one was a fan. We had ordered something we knew our entire family would like and they sent something else. There is one sliver missing from it.
Back to top

asmileaday




 
 
    
 

Post Yesterday at 8:15 pm
You should definitely request a refund.
Back to top

ittsamother




 
 
    
 

Post Yesterday at 8:32 pm
asmileaday wrote:
You should definitely request a refund.


I second this motion. How disappointing for you.
Back to top

amother




Latte
 

Post Yesterday at 8:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
No one was a fan. We had ordered something we knew our entire family would like and they sent something else. There is one sliver missing from it.


Well, I made a simple cheesecake with caramel topping and I ate way too much. I feel sick and probably gained a few pounds…
But I’m sorry you splurged and didn’t get what you really ordered. No excuse for that.
Back to top

amother




Lawngreen
 

Post Yesterday at 8:57 pm
There is literally no reason they didn’t reach out to you in advance when they knew yours wasn’t going to be available to ask you what you wanted: replacement or refund. I’m
So annoyed for you, OP
Back to top

amother




Snapdragon
 

Post Yesterday at 11:12 pm
yeah please ask for your refund.
This is annoying. And bad customer service for sure.
Back to top

ShishKabob




 
 
    
 

Post Today at 9:13 am
amother Rose wrote:
Op last night I made a recipe that my husband likes. I made doubles of it and was so excited. Well guess what I left it in the oven overnight by mistake so it’s ruined. I was feeling like you probably feel, guilty upset frustrated etc but I reminded myself it’s ALL from Hashem and it was meant to be and I am human and make mistakes and I’m also allowed to feel disappointed…

It should be a kaparah!
dont do that next time. I left mine in the oven overnight on purpose to cool off. Was delicious! Hugs!
Back to top

Rubber Ducky




 
 
    
 

Post Today at 9:20 am
Ask for a refund, this is not what you ordered.

(But if you had liked it, I would have let it go.)
Back to top
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Any one have the cheesecake recipe from Nshei whatsapp?
by amother
1 Thu, May 25 2023, 4:05 pm View last post
ISO israeli cheesecake recipe w pudding mix & petit buerre
by Raisin
3 Wed, May 24 2023, 11:41 pm View last post
by a2z
Cheesecake refrigeration?
by S1959
5 Wed, May 24 2023, 7:32 pm View last post
ISO diet cheesecake recipe with monkfruit sweetener
by amother
3 Wed, May 24 2023, 3:22 pm View last post
Cheesecake from the shtetl?
by WhatFor
4 Tue, May 23 2023, 7:07 pm View last post