Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Why did you use your doona on yom tov?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 11:49 pm
I understand why people have doonas and during the week I assume people using them are in and out of cars.
But on yom tov when no one is using a car I saw a couple of doonas in shul. If you were one of those people can you please explain to me the reason? Thanks in advance!

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 11:51 pm
I don’t have another stroller

I want to show everyone that I have one

happy7

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 11:52 pm
They were visitors and that was the only thing they brought

mushkamothers

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 11:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
I understand why people have doonas and during the week I assume people using them are in and out of cars.
But on yom tov when no one is using a car I saw a couple of doonas in shul. If you were one of those people can you please explain to me the reason? Thanks in advance!

I'd totally bring a doona instead of my big uppababy. There's no room in shul for all the strollers and it's a few short blocks away not like a 20 minute walk.

doodlesmom

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 11:55 pm
The shul is a few flights up and it’s easier to carry, or the shul is in a small space, so they wanted something compact.

They came with a car before yom tov to your town, and didn’t bring a stroller.
They used the stroller for 1 kid and the Doona for the other.
They think it’s cool.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sat, May 27 2023, 11:56 pm
A few reasons why I have used a doona on Yom tov in the past:

-I went to my parents for Yom tov and didn't have room in the trunk for a stroller.

- I walked to my in-laws (about 45 minute walk) the 2nd day and took it since knew I would need it to Uber back after Yom tov (to much to walk both ways )

- I went to shul and my full size stroller was just to hard/heavy/big to navigate up/down the stairs and the doona was also smaller so able to fit it into the womens section even when pretty full (talking about when I needed to go for shafor and it was quick, not talking about leaving the baby in for an extended period of time)

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 12:02 am
So many good reasons here.
My neighbor uses it to get her colicy baby to sleep. The position of the car seat is the only place the baby sleeps during the day other than in her arms. She has 4 more kids ranging in ages 8 - 3 other than that baby and so she uses the doona even though she has another perfectly good stroller.
Yes we all know that the doona is terrible for the baby. But it's better than a snapped mommy....
She also has more kids to tend to. And her sanity to preserve.

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 12:47 am
Because I want to!

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 12:57 am
Do people bring their stroller into shul? We have a no strollers in shul past the strollers parking lot.

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:00 am
amother Coffee wrote:
Do people bring their stroller into shul? We have a no strollers in shul past the strollers parking lot.

Some shuls are more spacious.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:54 am
I have the same question.
thanks to all who explained! But then there are those who use it to stroll the streets, just to socialize outside of shul and then walk back home with their husband . They don't go into shul. And they live local, even on the entrance floor. Why dont you put your baby in a more comfy stroller which I know you have at home?

LovesHashem

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 2:13 am
Don't you have all a small travel stroller? What happens after a baby grows out of a doona at a year old or so?

You just carry them around everywhere?

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 2:16 am
amother Arcticblue wrote:
thanks to all who explained! But then there are those who use it to stroll the streets, just to socialize outside of shul and then walk back home with their husband . They don't go into shul. And they live local, even on the entrance floor. Why dont you put your baby in a more comfy stroller which I know you have at home?

Because my baby prefers the doona

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 2:19 am
People get so self righteously judgey towards people who use doonas, it’s ridiculous. Mind your own business. As can be seen on this thread, there are many valid reasons to use it. And it doesn’t matter if you don’t consider the reason to be valid. It’s not your child, this isn’t a matter of child abuse. Find something actually useful to spend your time thinking about.

imaima

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 2:23 am

So why is it a big deal that it’s a doona? It could be anything

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 3:13 am
amother Ivory wrote:
People get so self righteously judgey towards people who use doonas, it’s ridiculous. Mind your own business. As can be seen on this thread, there are many valid reasons to use it. And it doesn’t matter if you don’t consider the reason to be valid. It’s not your child, this isn’t a matter of child abuse. Find something actually useful to spend your time thinking about.
sorry of I offended anyone.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 3:21 am
imaima wrote:
So why is it a big deal that it’s a doona? It could be anything
true. Any stroller has a more comfortable seat for babay and has an easier wheeling. I understand the convenience and practicality of a Doona. But why use it on yom tov when you're just strolling the streets and you have another stroller. I'm genuinely trying to understand.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 3:35 am
Doonas are no longer only a car seat stroller. Besides for the convenience of placing in and out of a car, they are now used as a regular stroller. My babies are actually quite comfortable in it.

NechaMom

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 4:01 am
Do we need to ask permission before using a specific stroller? Why the doona police? Are we done sorting out everything else in life yet?

imaima

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 5:08 am
true. Any stroller has a more comfortable seat for babay and has an easier wheeling. I understand the convenience and practicality of a Doona. But why use it on yom tov when you're just strolling the streets and you have another stroller. I'm genuinely trying to understand.

Because it is interchangeable and not inferior for others.
It’s only for you and „experts“ it is inferior.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics