Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Is it still classy to personalize “guest” on towel/ pillow

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:25 am
It used to be very trendy have a guest room and the pillows and towels were personalized “guest” so they feel more personal.

Is it still in or it’s a classic and will always be. I’m buying new items for my guest room and don’t want it to be odd.

dena613

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:31 am
Have never seen that

amother
Lightpink

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:39 am
dena613 wrote:
Have never seen that

Same

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:39 am
Huh?
It’s classier to have your own last name initial

amother
Banana

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:48 am
Agree with other posters, I’ve never heard of this

Personally I would not find it classy, but tacky. Usually the towels/pillows have a monogram of the last name/initial or the houses name on it.

amother
Latte

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:49 am
Never saw it either. I think it's impersonal...

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:01 am
Kind of locks you in to only using those linens in the guest room, no? Also, you never know which prickly family member will be offended at being called a guest. (It's silly, but there are some people like that. )

I think I'd spend the money and energy on getting really soft sheets and towels and supplying the guest room with creature comforts.

NechaMom

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 11:22 am
Not classy and not practical. If anything you can add a “welcome” rug to the guest room!

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 12:06 pm
Some of my pillows have 'Good night' on them. I've often had a very positive reaction to that. I don't know if it's considered classy, but people like it.

zaq

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:02 pm
Trendy does not equal classy, and sometimes is just the reverse. Labeling something "guest" is like addressing mail to "resident." It's not personal, warm or classy. And if they happen to stain it, they can't even get away with hiding it in your hamper; there it'll be for all to see, no way to save face by pretending it's someone else's.

Concentrate instead on providing conveniences like mirrors, capacious wastebaskets, clocks with LED displays, and plenty of hangers including suit and skirt hangers.

Amarante

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:09 pm
I would think it very odd to have "guest" on the linens so personally I wouldn't do this.

As others have posted, concentrate on the comfort and convenience of your guest room - comfortable mattress - adequate pillows - extra blankets - water bottle - perhaps amenities that a person might have forgotten to bring like shampoo or toothpaste

When I saw the title, I thought you meant labeling a towel in the guest bathroom so that a guest would know that it is for guests but honestly I would also think that is weird because I would never want to use a towel in a bathroom that is used by other people. I have either nice decorative paper towels or a basket of inexpensive small terrycloth for guests to use to dry their hands or face.

Ima_Shelli

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:16 pm
Never heard of it but I love the idea!

lamplighter

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:19 pm
Never heard of it and it's doesn't sound classy at all.

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 1:27 pm
amother Banana wrote:
Agree with other posters, I’ve never heard of this

Personally I would not find it classy, but tacky. Usually the towels/pillows have a monogram of the last name/initial or the houses name on it.

I think this is kind of tacky too. In the same league as putting a "kitchen" sign in your kitchen
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics