Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Boys facial hair - is this true
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 3:03 pm
ds 12.5 is growing like a weed, in middle of or nearing the end of big growth spurt.

his voice is breaking and he seems to be developing.

now I noticed a thin layer of hair on his upper lip.

does this mean he is nearing end of growth? or can he still have another few growth spurts?

amother
Peru

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 3:16 pm
My son has had hair on his upper lip for about a year now. In that time, he’s grown at least 5 inches and he does not appear to be done (and shouldn’t be done based on our genetics). He has no other facial hair, but his voice has changed. He still has boyish shoulders- not a man’s stature at all.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 3:45 pm
amother Peru wrote:
My son has had hair on his upper lip for about a year now. In that time, he’s grown at least 5 inches and he does not appear to be done (and shouldn’t be done based on our genetics). He has no other facial hair, but his voice has changed. He still has boyish shoulders- not a man’s stature at all.

how old is he?

my son has also developed his private part.

I only noticed hair now AFTER he had his big spurt.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 3:50 pm
Ask your DH when he first developed facial hair, how tall he was at his bar mitzvah and how tall he is now and when he did most of his growing

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 4:27 pm
amother Blue wrote:
Ask your DH when he first developed facial hair, how tall he was at his bar mitzvah and how tall he is now and when he did most of his growing

want to hear from other imas what their experience with their boys were.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 4:29 pm
All my boys grew still after shaving their upper lip. It might slow down but he will likely still grow. Once he has a full beard he is likely done growing according to our endocrinologist

amother
Peru

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 4:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
how old is he?

He’s 14. Will be 15 in the fall. My son doesn’t shave, so I have a good view of the cumulative hair growth.

amother
Tiffanyblue

ask your pediatrician

amother
Jade

I agree. Upper lip hair isn't a beard just yet. He should still have a while to grow.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 4:34 pm
amother Peru wrote:
He’s 14. Will be 15 in the fall. My son doesn’t shave, so I have a good view of the cumulative hair growth.

thanks. how tall is he?

this was his first spurt?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 4:35 pm
I only want to hear experiences please. dont need advice who to ask...

amother
Peru

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 4:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
thanks. how tall is he?

this was his first spurt?

He was 5’6” at his last appt in February or March. I’m 5’8” and he looks me straight in the face. He’s been growing almost continuously since his bar mitzvah.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 1:25 pm
is it normal though to get this "peach fuzz" on upper lip at the age of 12? or is it very early?

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 1:37 pm
My DS who is turning 6 has some noticeable hairs under his chin, more towards the throat area and my pediatrician keeps saying it's nothing. I didn't associate it with his growing in height though, he is very petite, should I start being worried?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 1:41 pm
amother Burntblack wrote:
My DS who is turning 6 has some noticeable hairs under his chin, more towards the throat area and my pediatrician keeps saying it's nothing. I didn't associate it with his growing in height though, he is very petite, should I start being worried?

my son is definitely going through puberty but I want to know if all this is not too early...

amother
DarkPurple

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 1:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
is it normal though to get this "peach fuzz" on upper lip at the age of 12? or is it very early?

My ds is 12 and has darkish fuzz on his upper lip as do several of his friends. I haven't seen any other puberty signs and even once they do appear I have no reason to assume he won't continue growing through high school since both my brothers and dh until at least 10th grade.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 1:47 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
My ds is 12 and has darkish fuzz on his upper lip as do several of his friends. I haven't seen any other puberty signs and even once they do appear I have no reason to assume he won't continue growing through high school since both my brothers and dh until at least 10th grade.

they may have continued till 10th grade but when did real puberty start?
hair on private part. voice deepening growth spurt...

if they only had this and no other symptoms they are not in real puberty yet...

amother
Sage

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 2:32 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:
All my boys grew still after shaving their upper lip. It might slow down but he will likely still grow. Once he has a full beard he is likely done growing according to our endocrinologist

This is very funny- my brothers and husband all took a long time to grow in a full beard.... they were 25-27 when it finally filled it. I think they were done growing before then.

Reality

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 2:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
how old is he?

How in the world do you know info about your son's privates?

I find the entire vibe on this thread is a little off.

Lakee

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 3:45 pm
Was just thinking the same my son is 13 turning 14 I don't know what's going on by his private part
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics