Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Night time is killing me

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:44 pm
I'm so burnt out from putting kids to sleep!! My kids are 3 and 5, sleep in same room and are just not sleeping before 10! I start the prep at 6:30 /7 and in bed by 7:30. Yes I sit with them, read a book, ask about the day ect. Then starts I'm hungry, I'm scared and on and on.
If I'll ignore them they'll come out and turn there room upside down...
I feel like beating them up...
oh almost forgot, in the morning my battle starts again since they are super tired

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:47 pm
Watch the English nanny show.

Clear consistent bedtime routine. No need to get angry, stay firm.

These kids r young-start now show them who creates the rules. Without yelling, without them wrecking.

Stay calm and firm

U can do it

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:50 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
Watch the English nanny show.

Clear consistent bedtime routine. No need to get angry, stay firm.

These kids r young-start now show them who creates the rules. Without yelling, without them wrecking.

Stay calm and firm

U can do it

Thanks. In the beginning I'm always calm but how can I stay that way when it's almost an endless struggle? Or maybe It's better for them to see me getting upset

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:57 pm
Hungry: remind them at supper that this is the last meal they’re getting and they should eat until they’re very very full [except bedtime snack if you want to go this route]. Also, incorporate bedtime snack into your bedtime routine, it can be just a fruit or vegetable. Remind them to take drinks as well, and tell them this will be your last one.

Scared: is this real or an excuse? Would a night light help? “Monster spray” under the beds? Or do they need something more, like some calming herbs?

Third, it seems they’re having a hard time settling down. Magnesium lotion on their feet and under their arms can be really helpful for this. Even better is a footsoak with magnesium flakes. Bioray ndf kids calm and sleepy might be good options. You can diffuse some calming essential oils as well. What is their diet like? You’d be surprised what a difference it can make to cut msg, food dyes, corn, sugar and other neuroexcitatory food additives.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:01 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
Hungry: remind them at supper that this is the last meal they’re getting and they should eat until they’re very very full [except bedtime snack if you want to go this route]. Also, incorporate bedtime snack into your bedtime routine, it can be just a fruit or vegetable. Remind them to take drinks as well, and tell them this will be your last one.

Scared: is this real or an excuse? Would a night light help? “Monster spray” under the beds? Or do they need something more, like some calming herbs?

Third, it seems they’re having a hard time settling down. Magnesium lotion on their feet and under their arms can be really helpful for this. Even better is a footsoak with magnesium flakes. Bioray ndf kids calm and sleepy might be good options. You can diffuse some calming essential oils as well. What is their diet like? You’d be surprised what a difference it can make to cut msg, food dyes, corn, sugar and other neuroexcitatory food additives.

Maybe this will help them? They are restless kids who can't just be in bed still and wait the sleep to take them over

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
Maybe this will help them? They are restless kids who can't just be in bed still and wait the sleep to take them over
If the problem is that they’re wired and their nervous systems are in overdrive you need to work on that. Magnesium lotion is a good start. Magnesium throughout the day is super helpful too. I highly recommend bioray sleepy. Lemon balm is also a great calming herb. Maybe look into red night lights and minimize exposure to blue light in the evenings so their natural melatonin can kick in.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:10 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
If the problem is that they’re wired and their nervous systems are in overdrive you need to work on that. Magnesium lotion is a good start. Magnesium throughout the day is super helpful too. I highly recommend bioray sleepy. Lemon balm is also a great calming herb. Maybe look into red night lights and minimize exposure to blue light in the evenings so their natural melatonin can kick in.

Thanks so much! You opened me up to a new direction

Sebastian

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:14 pm
Ime kids in that age range are hard to settle down
I would separate them and let one sleep in my room and then transfer. It gets better when theyre older

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:18 pm
Sebastian wrote:
Ime kids in that age range are hard to settle down
I would separate them and let one sleep in my room and then transfer. It gets better when theyre older

Very very much agree with this. I try to keep my 3 year old awake until the 1 year old is asleep but on the nights when that doesn’t happen I let her fall asleep in my room and move her over after. Otherwise it’s craziness in that room! I also suggest letting them read books in bed until they fall asleep.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 3:00 pm
separate bedrooms make it so much easier

amother
Dill

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 3:05 pm
Would you try melatonin?
.I use from maxi health.

amother
Peru

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 3:05 pm
I have them choose some toys and books to take into bed. As long as they play quietly and stay in bed they can keep it. If they come out or get loud they lose it. Worked very well for us. And I find staying in the room disturbs them and keeps them up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics