Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
PSA please leave extra toilet paper or tissues in guests
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:55 pm
bathroom or your own. I need to use a lot of toilet paper. Sometimes the host will leave a few cut up toilet papers in the guest bathoom or another bathroom before shabbos, yt, if they don't use tissues, and no other toilet paper rolls anywhere in the bathroom. I don't mind cutting toilet paper before shabbos but please leave a few spare rolls in the bathroom. The same with tissues if that's what you use for shabbos.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 6:57 pm
If you're sleeping over, and you know you need extra in general, you should pack an extra box. I do that when going to a hotel.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 7:10 pm
If you know in advance that you need to use a lot, bring your own in a ziplock. Keep it in your suitcase for whenever you travel.

I imagine you bring your own diapers for your baby and don’t expect your host to have.

acemom

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:00 pm
I always pack a box of tissues as I hate using the "cut toilet paper".
It's part of my packing list.

naomi2

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:06 pm
acemom wrote:

Check with the host first. I only use cut toilet paper because the tissues clog the plumbing system and we could have a backup from them.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:09 pm
acemom wrote:

Please don't do that without asking! Flushing tissues in my house even one Shabbos will be a very expensive plumbing bill for us. Sad

dena613

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:10 pm
If you're hosting over shabbos , please make sure there is liquid soap in the bathroom.

(

amother
Begonia

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:50 pm
I always cut my own soft toilet paper as it's never enough for me. we cut toilet paper at home and if we have guests always cut plenty of extra. Bring your own pre cut toilet paper.

amother
Steel

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:16 pm
Please DO NOT bring your own tissues to flush. If the host is using cut up toilet paper you need to use cut up toilet paper. Cut your own before Shabbos if you are OCD about someone touching your toilet paper. But do not use kleenex or the like! Even the very thin stuff will clog many toilets and cause massive plumbing bills.
Same with flushable wipes. They arent flushable and will clog toilets.
It is absolutely unacceptable to cause a host hundreds in plumbing bills plus a headache and a half because of your own anxieties or preferences.

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:21 pm
amother Steel wrote:
Please DO NOT bring your own tissues to flush. If the host is using cut up toilet paper you need to use cut up toilet paper. Cut your own before Shabbos if you are OCD about someone touching your toilet paper. But do not use kleenex or the like! Even the very thin stuff will clog many toilets and cause massive plumbing bills.
It is absolutely unacceptable to cause a host hundreds in plumbing bills plus a headache and a half because of your own anxieties or preferences.

What the heck??
OCD about someone touching your toilet paper??
Anxieties or preferences??
She said that she uses a lot and reminded everyone to put extra, that's all she said...

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:32 pm
amother Steel wrote:

How dare you think it is the guest should be inconvenienced and not the host’s responsibility to incur plumbing costs. The guest has every right to do what they want. The host should have installed commercial grade toilets.

Unfortunately, this is the very sad mentally that I read on this site time and time again.

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:35 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
How dare you think it is the guest should be inconvenienced annd the expense of the host and not the host’s responsibility to incur plumbing costs. The guest has every right to do what they want. The host should have installed commercial grade toilets.

Unfortunately, this is the very sad mental that I read on this site time and time again.

No one said that.
She just reminded everyone to put extra, that's all she said...

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:37 pm
I can bring extra if it's local. If I'm flying I may not have room to pack it. Also some people only use 1 ply toilet paper we use 2 ply. Is 2 ply is a problem for some plumbing systems?

BatZion

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:44 pm
Oh, for actual crying out loud.
PSA- guests bring your own extra toilet paper (not thick tissues, as noted, unless you wanna cause blockage problems for your host) just to be safe.
Hosts- leave a normal amount of toilet paper in the toilet.
Can we stop passively aggressively PSAing everything, pull our big girl panties up and not expect the world to revolve around us?

Reality

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
I can bring extra if it's local. If I'm flying I may not have room to pack it. Also some people only use 1 ply toilet paper we use 2 ply. Is 2 ply is a problem for some plumbing systems?

If toilet paper is that important to you why wouldn't you have space for it? It is very light and barely takes up any weight or volume.

amother
Steel

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:46 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
What the heck??
OCD about someone touching your toilet paper??
Anxieties or preferences??
She said that she uses a lot and reminded everyone to put extra, that's all she said...

This was meant to be a response to the lady who posted about not using the cut up TP and that she only uses tissues. So she brings herself.

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:49 pm
BatZion wrote:
Oh, for actual crying out loud.
PSA- guests bring your own extra toilet paper (not thick tissues, as noted, unless you wanna cause blockage problems for your host) just to be safe.
Hosts- leave a normal amount of toilet paper in the toilet.
Can we stop passively aggressively PSAing everything, pull our big girl panties up and not expect the world to revolve around us?

You're overreacting...
This is something so simple to do for our guests...
Such kind of reminders are helpful...

Reality

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:52 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
You're overreacting...

Yes and no. As a host, I definitely want my guests to be comfortable and put out an abundant amount of tissues and toilet paper. But if OP KNOWS she has this issue, why in the world wouldn't she pack extra?

amother
Steel

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:53 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
How dare you think it is the guest should be inconvenienced and not the host’s responsibility to incur plumbing costs. The guest has every right to do what they want. The host should have installed commercial grade toilets.

Unfortunately, this is the very sad mental that I read on this site time and time again.

Huh? So we need to redo the entire plumbing of our home because you want to use kleenex? It isn't just replacing a toilet that is perfectly fine for everyone else. Sometimes it is a major issue especially in old homes.
Guests can do whatever they want? Hosts should do everything for their guests and the guests shouldn't take their hosts into consideration? Where do you live? Can I come? I want to color on your walls! I have important stuff to remember and why should I be bothered to grab a piece of paper? Or maybe I can wipe my hands on your new white tablecloth because a napkin is too far away? Why didnt you have stacks wherever I might theoretically want one? Maybe I can play music at 2am? You should have put in extra soundproofing.

BatZion

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:38 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
You're overreacting...

Maybe I would agree if these PSAs weren't popping up every two days.

Find me a cozy room to nurse in!
Put out lots of toilet paper!
Prepare a meal for when we come on Erev Shabbat/Chag!
Give me the en suite because we're in shana rishona!
Give me the en suite because we have lots of little kids!
Make sure we have lots of snacks in our room in case we don't like your food!
Make lots of food because it's not nice to only serve one option!

We have become a generation that DEMANDS, sure that we deserve EVERYTHING. Tbh, it's a little nauseating. Again, the world doesn't revolve around anonymous PSA writers. We don't DESERVE anything. Get a grip, grow up, stop PSAing, and start doing.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics