Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I hate my scale but I need it :(

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 8:32 am
I hate my scale it makes me so sad when I don’t loose especially after a good day, I go on everyday and so so frustrated, that being said I did get rid of my scale a few months ago because of same problem and was done with it and ended up gaining 35 ibs!! So I think I do need to go on scale everyday but hate seeing scale not move! And my exercise is only
Walking so don’t think it’s from doing weights , and doesn’t work for me to go on once a week same issue some weeks I don’t loose and I’m so sad and upset about

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:00 am
Walking is good cardio for your health and heart but not good for losing weight.

It’s a big misconception that gaining muscle will make you gain weight. You have to work very very hard and intentionally to bulk up with muscle.

The more muscle you have the more calories you burn and the better you’ll feel and look.

Do some weight bearing exercises and you’ll lose weight faster. Eat more protein and less carbs. Drink water not sugary things. And don’t weigh yourself daily, do it once a week or month, or test your weight loss with how your clothing fits.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:00 am
Go on once a week. In the morning b4 u drink

amother
Birch

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:08 am
They did a study and weighing yourself once a day (first thing in the morning) leads to more weight loss than weighing once a week or less. So you're not alone.

Read about "whoosh effect" which explains why you can have a good day or two or three but not see the scale go down yet. Also, some things cause water retention. I know if I do weight lifting, that causes me to retain weight the next day, but 2 days later weight goes down again.

But you're def not alone that you lose weight better/don't gain weight when you weigh in every day.

hodeez

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:09 am
Yes go once a week, daily is just heartbreaking and inaccurate
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise