Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Airbnb or similar, walking distance to minyan

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 11:05 am
As far as I can tell , Airbnb only gives you the address after you book. Is there a way to find out if there is minyan in walking distance, before booking?

amother
Lightyellow

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 11:09 am
If they have the address of the Shul reach out to the owner and ask them how far they are from that particular destination. As an aside, if you were able to find anything upstate New York or Vermont, please post. I’ve been looking for years and not able to find anything thanks.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 11:11 am
amother Lightyellow wrote:
If they have the address of the Shul reach out to the owner and ask them how far they are from that particular destination. As an aside, if you were able to find anything upstate New York or Vermont, please post. I’ve been looking for years and not able to find anything thanks.

I’m also looking in these areas. What do you mean if they have the address of the shul, who? You mean listed in the Airbnb listing?

amother
Copper

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 12:24 pm
I own an AirBNB in Florida. When guests want to know how far we are from a particular venue they send me the address and I can GoogleMap it and tell them the miles and approximate travel time.
This won't help you find out if they are within an eruv though

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 12:26 pm
If you zoom in on the map provided by Airbnb, you can usually figure out the address within a few houses or so.

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 1:48 pm
what I do, is search houses on airbnb in the east stroudsburg area. I put the dates and filters that I need for my family's needs (bdrms, a/c, pricing). once I find one I like, I chk the house description it many times will say 1.2 miles from cambelback resort, or a specific park etc. I then google map that park/resort to the address below so you get the ball park. I look specificially in the poconos. there are minyanim in tannersville and bushkill but can't promise for certainty where/when.
Pulled off the godaven website below and from what I heard is reliable:
Pocono Summer Minyan - From After Tisha B'av Until Rosh Chodesh Ellul
1210 N 5th St, Stroudsburg, PA 18360 |

amother
Lightyellow

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m also looking in these areas. What do you mean if they have the address of the shul, who? You mean listed in the Airbnb listing?

I’m sorry I meant to write if you have the address not they. If you have the address of the Shull give them the address and have them Google maps, as other posters have said.

Again as an aside, I have never been able to find anything walking distance to a Shul in the tri-state area. If anybody finds anything please share!

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:27 pm
We’ve stayed here. It’s walking distance to the shul in Hunter, which is open in August.

https://t.vrbo.io/mCPGTjzBcAb

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:31 pm
This is around the corner from the Hunter shul. (We’ve stayed here, as well.)

https://abnb.me/55WGNCVBcAb

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 3:46 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
what I do, is search houses on airbnb in the east stroudsburg area. I put the dates and filters that I need for my family's needs (bdrms, a/c, pricing). once I find one I like, I chk the house description it many times will say 1.2 miles from cambelback resort, or a specific park etc. I then google map that park/resort to the address below so you get the ball park. I look specificially in the poconos. there are minyanim in tannersville and bushkill but can't promise for certainty where/when.
Pulled off the godaven website below and from what I heard is reliable:
Pocono Summer Minyan - From After Tisha B'av Until Rosh Chodesh Ellul
1210 N 5th St, Stroudsburg, PA 18360 |

I just realized that your post says WALKING distance to minyan, I thought you meant driving distance (we do during the wk) sorry about that.

DrMom

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 3:52 pm
There are airbnbs all over. There is no way to search for airbnbs near shuls using the airbnb website.

Instead, find a location that you want to visit than has a minyan, find the address of the minyan and locate in on Google Maps, and then search for an airbnb nearby using the map view. Even if you don't know the exact address, you can tell if you are close.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics