Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I find the perfect house, buuuuutttttttt....
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:50 pm
Anyone have $2M to give away???

It's so frustrating!! We're growing out of our apartment BARUCH HASHEM A BAJILLION TIMES OVER💓 and I found the perfect home, in exactly the location we want, and it's just under $2M 😭😭😭😭

Anyone know how I can make that money asap lol?? Told my husband today was the perfect day to rob a bank😂

happy chick

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:51 pm
Sell a kidney? How much do they go for these days?

amother
Azalea

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:52 pm
Feel exactly the same OP. Exactly the same. Mine was a few months ago. Almost everything we could have wanted.

amother
Thistle

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:53 pm
happy chick wrote:
Sell a kidney? How much do they go for these days?

Meh. 30-50k tops

amother
Wandflower

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:54 pm
I mean for 2 mil a lot of us could get perfect houses, but alas we get what we can afford.

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:54 pm
same here we are in an apartment and need a house but can't afford now. Somehow there is a plan ... I made a spreadsheet of moving out of town ideas but none seem viable right now very frustrating learning how to be happy with what I have and trying to figure out a way to up our income.

CPenzias

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:56 pm
Fyi banks don't have that much money to rob lol 😆 😂 sorry to burst your bubble. You want the armored trucks. .. but then you'll probably end up with free housing and not seeing your kids regularly 😕

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:58 pm
amother Chambray wrote:
same here we are in an apartment and need a house but can't afford now. Somehow there is a plan ... I made a spreadsheet of moving out of town ideas but none seem viable right now very frustrating learning how to be happy with what I have and trying to figure out a way to up our income.

EXACTLY 💯.

Before pesach when my mom and I were coming out of Nordstrom (no- I can't generally afford Nordstrom, was buying my daughter her second pair of shoes there) a guy was walking out at the same time as us, he was talking on his phone and I heard him telling the other person he has 190M in his swiss banks. Now I regret not asking him for some!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:59 pm
CPenzias wrote:
Fyi banks don't have that much money to rob lol 😆 😂 sorry to burst your bubble. You want the armored trucks. .. but then you'll probably end up with free housing and not seeing your kids regularly 😕

Ya not the kind of housing I had in mind😂

amother
Tan

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 10:03 pm
OP I’m in the same boat of bursting out of my apartment and totally feel for you! Everything is insanely ridiculously priced! Which area are you finding a house for even 2 million? I’m in brooklyn and the pricing is way over that and it’s so discouraging!! Moving out isn’t an option for us and I feel stuck

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 10:07 pm
amother Tan wrote:
OP I’m in the same boat of bursting out of my apartment and totally feel for you! Everything is insanely ridiculously priced! Which area are you finding a house for even 2 million? I’m in brooklyn and the pricing is way over that and it’s so discouraging!! Moving out isn’t an option for us and I feel stuck

Did you look at marine park? You can get in the 800k range.

amother
Stone

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 10:09 pm
Yeah, housing prices are insanity right now, but so many people around us are buying over a million $$ homes as if nothing..... I almost feel like something is wrong with us.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 10:13 pm
All of you complaining your bursting out of your apartment have never been my guest.
Come visit and you'll feel better. LOL
All jokes aside unless you have a few million, rich parents or an income that can qualify you for that size morgage why are you even looking locally???

mikayla18

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 10:14 pm
Hot take...maybe don't find the perfect house?
We didn't find a perfect house at all. It fits us but is very small and we compromised a lot. But yknow what? We have a house. An adorable, teensy house with a backyard. And it's ours and our mortgage doesn't go up and we don't have to move or have a landlord stomping above us. I'm sure we could've found the perfect house for 2 million but we could afford the house we have and I could sleep at night.

amother
Thistle

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 10:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
EXACTLY 💯.

Before pesach when my mom and I were coming out of Nordstrom (no- I can't generally afford Nordstrom, was buying my daughter her second pair of shoes there) a guy was walking out at the same time as us, he was talking on his phone and I heard him telling the other person he has 190M in his swiss banks. Now I regret not asking him for some!!

Better yet, why didn’t you kidnap him, steal his phone and then call his family for ransom?

****im joking, in case this wasn’t super clear****

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 10:20 pm
amother Azalea wrote:
Feel exactly the same OP. Exactly the same. Mine was a few months ago. Almost everything we could have wanted.

I'm sorry💓 hope you find something really soon!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 10:22 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
Better yet, why didn’t you kidnap him, steal his phone and then call his family for ransom?

****im joking, in case this wasn’t super clear****

Yeah well, lost my chance! Although I remember what day and time it was, I can go to Nordstrom and ask who was there...ya know, look at cameras and payments and stuff😎

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 10:23 pm
amother Tan wrote:

I'm not even in the tristate area, I'm in the Midwest...

amother
Birch

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 10:35 pm
mikayla18 wrote:
We didn't find a perfect house at all. It fits us but is very small and we compromised a lot. But yknow what? We have a house. An adorable, teensy house with a backyard. And it's ours and our mortgage doesn't go up and we don't have to move or have a landlord stomping above us. I'm sure we could've found the perfect house for 2 million but we could afford the house we have and I could sleep at night.

Halevai something like that should exist where I live. I grew up in a very simple, small home, and I am fine with that for myself. But where I live, even a small starter semi attached 3 bedroom is at least 800k... And it's probably very old and needs construction. No way I can afford that as I not be getting any assistance from parents/ grandparents and the monthly mortgage would be insane

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 11:25 pm
mikayla18 wrote:

Me too. I think we have the smallest house in our entire Jewish community over here but at least we have our own house with our own yard.

My husband complains endlessly though and it’s kind of hard when all of our friends live in such nicer houses.

Sigh. There is my vent for the night. Can’t complain to anyone IRL so I’m putting it here.

I’d also like 2 million OP. Or even $800,000….
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics