Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
RBS
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 12:19 am
I am currently visiting Israel with my family. We have never been to RBS and will be in the area today. If we want to drive around RBS and get a flavor for the city and some of its various neighborhoods, what are some landmarks I could put into Waze that would lead me through the heart of some of the different sections? I don't care what the landmarks are, as we don't need to get out and simply want to plot a path that will let us see and experience RBS.

Reality

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 12:52 am
Nachal Kishon is the street that has the main shopping area in Aleph. Drive down one way and it will lead you to Bet. Drive down the other way it will lead you to gimmel.

Nachal Dolev is also a very well known street in Aleph.

If you are looking to buy an apartment, you would need to venture further out to Daled and Hey.

Which part of RBS did you want to visit?

zebra111

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 12:55 am
Depending what ur looking for, u could also put in shchunat mishkafayim, its right next to alef

amother
Mocha

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:17 am
zebra111 wrote:
Depending what ur looking for, u could also put in shchunat mishkafayim, its right next to alef

LOL. Waze has no idea what mishkafayim is LOL
If you want to see mishkafayim you can put in הרב קוק 7 which is the netzach school but honestly mishkafayim is not representative of the general RBS neighborhoods. The buildings and homes are much more spread out than anywhere else.

OP, you can put in יחזקאל הנביא which is a main street in Gimmel. That will take you around there.

נחל קישון will take you the rbs A mercaz meschari.
נחל דולב is one of the main streets in Alef and its a circle so just drive around the whole circle.

tree of life

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:18 am
Hi please pm me I live in RBS aleph I'm happy to advise you pm I give you my number

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:31 am
zebra111 wrote:

Thanks, just trying to get a sense and appreciation of RBS and some of its main neighborhoods. What's the main street in Mishkafayim? Any other recommendations?

amother
Mocha

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:49 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, just trying to get a sense and appreciation of RBS and some of its main neighborhoods. What's the main street in Mishkafayim? Any other recommendations?

I posted how to get to mishkafayim above.
הרב קוק is the main street.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:51 am
Thanks all, this is perfect! I've got main streets for aleph and gimmel, how about bet, or is it basically more of the same? Any big shuls, parks, or other major landmarks? Where do most Americans live? I've heard about a Yerushalmi section - is it worth driving through, and if so what should I put in Waze to get there?

amother
Mocha

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:53 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks all, this is perfect! I've got main streets for aleph and gimmel, how about bet, or is it basically more of the same? Any big shuls, parks, or other major landmarks? Where do most Americans live? I've heard about a Yerushalmi section - is it worth driving through, and if so what should I put in Waze to get there?

There's nothing to see or do in Bet. You'll never live there. It's dirty and looks much older than it is. The parks are tiny. Everyone from Bet comes to the parks in the others sections of RBS.

Reality

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:55 am
Americans live in aleph, gimmel, parts of daled and Hey. Of course there are some in bet as well but not the majority.

People from all over come to park Yarmut, between aleph and gimmel. If you have any young kids, it has out of this world climbing equipment and slides. Way better than any park in the US.

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 8:32 am
What type of area is mishkafayim? Are there young families there? What schools do girls and boys go to? High schools for girls as well

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 8:40 am
It's not different than any other part of RBS, but it has a higher percentage of DL and less charedi. But it's still mixed.

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 9:08 am
amother Orchid wrote:
It's not different than any other part of RBS, but it has a higher percentage of DL and less charedi. But it's still mixed.

Really? Do you live there? I have a family member there so we visit. In the parks it os definitely mostly charedi.

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 9:39 am
amother Hosta wrote:
Really? Do you live there? I have a family member there so we visit. In the parks it os definitely mostly charedi.

I live in mishkafayim. I do not think the parks are mostly chareidi at all.
Maybe you've visited on weekdays when chareidi people take the bus and visit our parks. On shabbat, the parks are a true reflection of the neighborhood.
DL, yeshivish, etc.
There are not really true Israeli chareidim in mishkafayim. There are sefardim and chardal Israelis. Some anglo chabad as well.

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 9:40 am
amother Mayflower wrote:
What type of area is mishkafayim? Are there young families there? What schools do girls and boys go to? High schools for girls as well

The neighborhood skews very young.
The HS girls go to every school in the city.
The younger kids are in every single elementary school. Literally.

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 9:40 am
amother Mocha wrote:
I live in mishkafayim. I do not think the parks are mostly chareidi at all.
Maybe you've visited on weekdays when chareidi people take the bus and visit our parks. On shabbat, the parks are a true reflection of the neighborhood.
DL, yeshivish, etc.
There are not really true Israeli chareidim in mishkafayim. There are sefardim and chardal Israelis. Some anglo chabad as well.

Ok so it's a mix of everyone? American yeshivish/ bais yakov type also?
I'm also looking for high school for my daughter. What are the options there?

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 9:42 am
amother Mayflower wrote:
Ok so it's a mix of everyone? American yeshivish/ bais yakov type also?
I'm also looking for high school for my daughter. What are the options there?

Mix of literally everyone. Yes, tons of American yeshivish.
There's Pninei Chen in mishkafayim but there are maybe 4 local girls there. The other HS girls go to the other schools in bet shemesh. Noga, Gila, AY, BY, Ko Tomar, etc.

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 9:43 am
amother Mocha wrote:
Mix of literally everyone. Yes, tons of American yeshivish.
There's Pninei Chen in mishkafayim but there are maybe 4 local girls there. The other HS girls go to the other schools in bet shemesh. Noga, Gila, AY, BY, Ko Tomar, etc.

Thank you can you tell me about each high school

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 9:46 am
amother Mayflower wrote:
Thank you can you tell me about each high school

There's not really any one person who would be able to tell you about every single HS in bet shemesh.
HS girls also travel outside the city. You have a choice of 25 schools in Yerushalayim as well.

Your best bet is the RBS Facebook group.

Where do you live now? How did you hear about mishkafayim?

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 10:42 am
Ask questions about high schools and I will try to help you. I have 3 teenage girls Smile

fyi, Mishkafayim *might* look off to the very Israeli BY schools, especially if you're new. If you're looking for strictly BY, charedi style, it might not be the best place to plant yourself.

I am not saying you wouldn't get in! But it could be a factor.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions