Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Cleaning chizzuk.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 12:52 pm
My house is a disaster.

My DH has mental health issues and I've been letting the house slide for at least a year because I've been exhausted from working full time and caring for our one year old.

I took off a few weeks from work- I'm having health issues myself- and am trying to make some progress on the house. I have about one hours worth of energy per day due to fatigue and pain. I do have cleaning help but she can't even begin to help with the bedroom or upstairs of my house (my DH is definitely a hoarder and it's too much for anyone)

Today I filled one garbage bag with things (his and mine) that I know no one will miss. Now I'm pretty much exhausted for the day. I'll go back to work in a little bit and I wanted to make some progress while I was off. Maybe I'll find the energy for another bag later this afternoon.

I'm also not the best cleaner. I was never diagnosed with ADHD, but I have some suspicions

Just looking for chizzuk because I'm so exhausted and overwhelmed.
(By the way, please don't worry about my baby- the cleaning lady helps with the kitchen, dining, and playroom. I do dishes almost daily. And the nursery is spotless. So her health isnt at risk)

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 1:21 pm
I have a long list of tasks to do in my house and it isn't getting any shorter. Spend 5-10 minutes a day on tidying and make a slow dent day by day rather than trying for dramatic results and failing.
You can focus on one room, or one area and clear that area before moving on.

zaq

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 2:52 pm
Pat yourself on the back for getting started! Remember that Rabbi Akiva was illiterate till age 40, which was when he started learning the aleph-bet, yet he became the leading Torah scholar of his generation. His inspiration was seeing that drops of water dripping slowly but steadily could carve rock. Doing just a little at a time eventually yields impressive results, and removing a whole garbage bag full of excess stuff is in itself quite an accomplishment. No need to run yourself down into the ground. Do as much as you have the energy for at one time and then rest. After a few work/rest cycles--whether your cycle is a day, four days, a week or a month-- you should start seeing a real difference.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics