Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Florida road trip

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:06 pm
did anyone ever take a road trip down to miami over 2 days and have a route with a few stops ?

amother
Gray

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:08 pm
We did it from Baltimore in two days. Tried to make as few stops as possible so as not to extend the travel time. We stopped in Savannah to sleep.
Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:10 pm
amother Gray wrote:
We did it from Baltimore in two days. Tried to make as few stops as possible so as not to extend the travel time. We stopped in Savannah to sleep.
Hatzlacha!

thanx ! did you do it with kids?

amother
Gray

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 10:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
thanx ! did you do it with kids?
Yes, that is why I say Hatzlacha! Toddlers are the hardest age, I think. They physically can't sit that long and movies do not hold their attention for more than 5 minutes. We made one stop at a playground to eat lunch so the toddler could run around for a half hour.

miami85

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 12:51 am
amother OP wrote:
did anyone ever take a road trip down to miami over 2 days and have a route with a few stops ?

We did it about 5 years ago. I assume you are coming from the NY area. We left at night and stayed in NJ the first night (to be able to get out of the city and less traffic in the daytime) then we drove all day and stayed in South Carolina/Savannah the next night. Florida border to Miami is hard b/c it's 8 hours with very little change in scenery.

I tend to agree with fewer stops, the more you stop the more it teases the toddlers, just get to your destination already.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 11:35 am
thank you ! any tips ?Smile or good ideas to bring along for a 3 year old and one year old ?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 11:36 am
leaving from nj but leaving in the late afternoon so we’ll have to make a few stops .. leaving tuesday afternoon and hope to arrive thursday sometime
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics