Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Bored at work

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 1:18 pm
I have a job with seasons, work comes in waves. I am paid to sit here in case something comes up or the phone rings etc.
I am bored out of my mind. Has to be quiet entertainment since I work at cubicle with other businesses around me.
How much solitaire can I play?
What would u do as entertainment. I can't leave.

lovecouches

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 1:55 pm
Can you use headphones? If not a kindle with books, most libraries have a way to borrow books through them so you don't need to pay.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 2:10 pm
When I used to be bored like that at work I became insanely good at 2048

Watched loads of YouTube videos as well

I'm so sorry you are in this situation since it's not a fun one at all! Hope someone calls real soon and they are annoying and stay on the phone forever Tongue Out

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 2:14 pm
Can you make yourself a schedule that will make it more interesting? Something like: 9-9:20 learn the Parsha with Rashi, 9:20-9:40 play one game of Sudoku as a reward (or do a crossword puzzle), 9:40-10 read the news and eat a morning snack. Can you bring a hard copy newspaper? I enjoy the Wall Street Journal. Otherwise read the news online. 10-10:20 is chair yoga. 10:20-10:40 is scheduling - make any doctor appointments, plan your dinner menu, plan your Shabbos menu and grocery list. 10:40-11 is self-improvement - read a marriage book, parenting book, or even a health book. 11-11:20 is meditation time. 11:20-11:40 is online shopping time. 11:40-12 is jumping jacks in the bathroom or yoga in the stairwell. Just kidding! I don't know. Do you get a lunch break where you can go for a walk? The weather is so gorgeous. And keep in mind - every time you get a paycheck, you win!

zaq

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 2:20 pm
Read. Do crosswords. Knit. Learn origami. Write poetry. Plan menus. Make to-do lists. Organize your photo collection. Do your nails. Polish your shoes. Do your mending. Study a new language on Duolingo. Start a diary. Write a family history for your kids or grandkids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics