Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Orlando in the summer

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 5:18 pm
Not sure this is the right forum but would anyone in the know have an opinion about visiting Orlando in the summer when we have a teenage boy in the family? We won’t be visiting the beach but what about Disneyworld? I’m thinking of the states of dress we would come across…or lack thereof. Rentals are so cheap there in the summer but I’m guessing coz it’s stinking hot hence why the above may be a problem. (I probably know the answer already just thought I’d ask..!)

giftedmom

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 5:22 pm
Avoid Disney. They’ve gone very woke.

amother
Camellia

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 5:24 pm
Yes it’s a problem
Think bikini top with short shorts

amother
Snow

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 5:25 pm
There are no beaches in Orlando but I would go with the assumption you will be seeing a lot of people in crop top tank tops and short shorts. If that doesn't work for you you should not go.

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 5:28 pm
It's the same as any other place in the summer. People don't walk around on the streets in bikinis typically any more than any other place.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 7:50 pm
inside places are air conditioned.

amother
Quince

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 8:14 pm
I go every summer. Stopped taking my boys when they were 11/12 . I sent them to camp instead. Disney or any park will have ppl dressed very scantily. If you are renting a home with a pool and not doing pros , then it’s no different than anywhere else but I would avoid any park or attraction if that is your concern

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 3:55 pm
amother Quince wrote:
I go every summer. Stopped taking my boys when they were 11/12 . I sent them to camp instead. Disney or any park will have ppl dressed very scantily. If you are renting a home with a pool and not doing pros , then it’s no different than anywhere else but I would avoid any park or attraction if that is your concern

Bumping this up as my son is going to camp and I want to take my girls. Where can I find a cheap rental with a pool? Are the lines crazy in august?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 5:00 pm
Airbnb. All homes have pools. Lines are exremely long and parks are expensive. I think maybe thru Chabad you can get rentals and maybe park tickets.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 5:02 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Bumping this up as my son is going to camp and I want to take my girls. Where can I find a cheap rental with a pool? Are the lines crazy in august?

Be prepared to stand in long lines in 94 degree weather. If that sounds fun to you, enjoy.

etr

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 5:02 pm
Kosherorlando.org has information as well.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 5:25 pm
definitely very long lines in extreme heat. One of the children needed medical attention, from being overheated. Still, they have great memories of the trip. I didnt enjoy it, but the kids did. I would have stayed in the house and pool all day, rather.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics