Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Help me help my girls: jump rope

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 6:28 pm
My two beautiful and bright girls (5 and 7) have not yet figured out how to jump rope. They practice daily. They get the rope over their head slowly and then slowly jump but they haven't managed how to move on from that to actually jumping rope. Any advice? They feel really bad about it and I want to help them

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 6:50 pm
My kids had an easier time skipping rope while moving than just jumping up and down.

Once they mastered that they went on to regular jumping rope.

dessara

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 6:55 pm
I did this with all my girls. You have to use a long rope and tie one end of it to a railing or fence (unless you have two people to turn the rope which is even better). Then you turn the rope for them while they learn how to jump. Once they get the rhythm right, they can learn how to jump in and out of a turning rope. Sing different jump rope songs for them and it will be a lot of fun. At that point they will be able to turn a one person rope by themselves.

Chayalle

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 6:57 pm
I learned how to jump backwards first. Somehow that was easier for me, and once I mastered that, I learned how to jump forwards.
Thanks to my cousin, my age, who already as a 6 year old had the patience to teach me in the way that it worked for me. I still remember.

nelliesmellie

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 7:03 pm
My daughter also learned backwards first. her 1st grade gym morah took all the girls outside and taught them how
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children