Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Kitchen counters

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 3:30 pm
Trying to get a sense of what costs will be for a new kitchen. Can you give me an idea what you spent on your counters, and what material they are? Thank you!!

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 3:35 pm
£4170 for the cheapest quartz worktops. They are a pain to clean. Everything sticks to it, and stains it. But overall I do love it, looks stunning. I'm just always cleaning it, because up close I can see the stains...even tin foil containers make black marks on it that I have to get off with a special cleaning powder for quartz.

Also depends on the size of your kitchen. Mine is big.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 3:58 pm
Op, are you in Brooklyn?
Doing renovations, and trying to decide who to use for a kitchen.
Also following this thread.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 4:04 pm
amother Puce wrote:
Op, are you in Brooklyn?
Doing renovations, and trying to decide who to use for a kitchen.
Also following this thread.

Yes! Using woodlake for cabinets. Before deciding on our budget for cabinets figured I should get an idea how much counters will cost! Getting worried!

amother
Garnet

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 4:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes! Using woodlake for cabinets. Before deciding on our budget for cabinets figured I should get an idea how much counters will cost! Getting worried!

If you're using woodlake you are clearly not on a tight budget

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 4:15 pm
They make their own kitchens? I checked out their website, that’s what it looks to me.
How did you hear about them? Do you know people personally that used them?

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 4:15 pm
Sorry I’m derailing your thread. Can't Believe It

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 4:18 pm
Granite and quartz counters come in different prices. The store doing your design and selling the cabinets can make a granite plan for you with measurements that you can take to a granite fabricator. The granite fabricator can give you an estimate based on your selection or can give you prices for different levels of stone.

Costs you may see include:

Price per square foot
Edge treatments (for example, an ogee edge, which is priced per linear foot)
Sink cutouts
Cooktop cutouts
Templating
Brackets (for overhangs or for spanning dishwashers)
Sinks (granite fabricators usually sell sinks, or you can provide your own)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 4:19 pm
amother Garnet wrote:
If you're using woodlake you are clearly not on a tight budget

We are already well into construction and of course every aspect has cost us so much more than anticipated. Until now I didn’t really have much of a budget, but now I’m getting nervous that I’m in much deeper than I expected!
I don’t think they are much more expensive than others. I got three estimates and they were actually in the middle. But I know many people who used them and they are really nice to deal with and do very nice work. The two other places I went- one I felt totally pressured to spend more and more on things I didn’t even care for. The lower end place just didn’t seem to be as detailed or meticulous about the planning and I didn’t feel confident at all with them. I really am happy so far with the attention to detail and planning, and the guidance they are giving us. Not the cheapest but I don’t think most expensive either.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 4:21 pm
I’m in NJ but quartz countertops with sinks cost me $5k

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 4:21 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Granite and quartz counters come in different prices. The store doing your design and selling the cabinets can make a granite plan for you with measurements that you can take to a granite fabricator. The granite fabricator can give you an estimate based on your selection or can give you prices for different levels of stone.

Costs you may see include:

Price per square foot
Edge treatments (for example, an ogee edge, which is priced per linear foot)
Sink cutouts
Cooktop cutouts
Templating
Brackets (for overhangs or for spanning dishwashers)
Sinks (granite fabricators usually sell sinks, or you can provide your own)

Thanks I’m assuming I need to finalize plans first before going to look at counters. Do you know roughly what ballpark we are talking for quartz? Like is this 10-20k or like 50-60?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 4:22 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
I’m in NJ but quartz countertops with sinks cost me $5k

Thanks! That’s helpful!!

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 5:18 pm
I’m in bklyn. I just did quartz counters and backsplash for 20k not a big kitchen. I paid 27k for my cabinets - woodlake was much more than that. I believe quartzite they said is 1.5 times what I paid

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 5:22 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:
I’m in bklyn. I just did quartz counters and backsplash for 20k not a big kitchen. I paid 27k for my cabinets - woodlake was much more than that. I believe quartzite they said is 1.5 times what I paid

Thanks where did you get your cabinets? Mine will end up in the 40-60 k range depending what we go with but that’s for a nice run of cabinets. Do you know how many ft yours is? Where did you get them? Are you happy?

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 5:29 pm
I’m not sure the ft. I did upper wood and bottom laminate. I didn’t do high end cabinets but the price I was getting for my size kitchen would’ve been like 50-60k had a gone with higher end company. I did lower end and upgraded all the insides, have all drawers, lemans cabinet, inserts in the drawers, pullouts in the pantry. I used tri state kitchens and was happy with end result. I just didn’t feel like spending another 30-40k when my friends who did high end have the same chipped cabinets 5 years down the road

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 6:02 pm
I am in Brooklyn and paid $5k for quartz counters for a small kitchen.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jun 04 2023, 6:50 pm
Wow, these numbers are so high. We redid our kitchen 7 years ago. Granite counters with two sinks was 2200 including installation. Small kitchen. Cabinets were 6k. Backsplash was 200 and we got free installation. Floor was another 1200, appliances were 1500 or so (we kept our old fridge). Total cost of kitchen reno: about 12-13k

amother
Bellflower

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 4:43 am
amother Smokey wrote:
Wow, these numbers are so high. We redid our kitchen 7 years ago. Granite counters with two sinks was 2200 including installation. Small kitchen. Cabinets were 6k. Backsplash was 200 and we got free installation. Floor was another 1200, appliances were 1500 or so (we kept our old fridge). Total cost of kitchen reno: about 12-13k

I'm also pretty shocked. We had a gorgeous new kitchen put in for £14k. But no extra pull out things etc. We took all that away. But that 14 included fitting, plus a bosch dishwasher, and smeg hood! We did go for lower end cabinets up at the top. We have stunning gold accents, quartz worktops, and it's huge!
Really happy with it. From a Jewish company, happy to support them. And they have all frum workers which I was super happy about.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics