Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How to make it easier

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 5:33 pm
Lately it's been hard on me the going out to work, am trying to make myself easier. Taking a cleaning lady once a week, had nothing. Buying a robotic vacuum mop, and buying a Bosch machine. What else can be done?

teachkids

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 5:38 pm
Disposables if you don't have a dishwasher.
Shortcuts towards dinner (we use frozen veggies instead of fresh, prechrcked lettuce ).

rosebunch

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 5:42 pm
Plan ahead and be very organized!
I find that is key for me.

For example, I shop the week before for all groceries I will need for the coming week especially cooking ingredients.

I double up suppers for two nights and freeze a lot as well so I never have to cook dinner from scratch.

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 5:45 pm
Well what do you find the hardest? No downtime? Dinners, laundry? Based on what feels insurmountable is the area that you want to target. More cleaning help is definitely a step in the right direction. Picking specific things for your husband to take on which will help you, and just in general be flexible and lower your expectations.

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Jun 05 2023, 5:49 pm
seasonal routines for meal plans and attire instead of choosing every day. one night we always have breakfast food, another is big hearty salad, etc. half the decision is made and I usually have enough parts that can carry from week to week to put together the most basic version of the night's meal - (croutons, eggs, etc)

kids eat cereal on appointment days. tuesdays I wear a certain kind of shirt, friday daytime I wear a more casual style, workout day I wear leggings under job clothes so I change/carry fewer pieces, etc. less brainpower when it is routine/pre-planned

(not the exact same every week, there are lots of lettuce salads and cereal types and shirt colors 😉, I'm just narrowing down my scope of ideas)

amother
DarkGray

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:08 am
* I love my cordless vacuum for all floors... Easier than using a broom for me and kids are also more motivated to use it!
* Walmart + deliveries has been a lifesaver ( or Instacart but that costs more money)
* Laundry only on Sundays .. little kids sort only into drawers... no folding ... has made laundry alot easier..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics