Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Smoke in monsey (and all over NY/NJ) and smell of fire
  1  2  3  29  30  31  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:04 pm
Anyone else noticed it?
I heard it’s coming from forest fires in Canada. Can it travel that far?

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:05 pm
I’m in Wesley and smelling it too.
It smells like it is right nearby.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:06 pm
amother Puce wrote:
I’m in Wesley and smelling it too.
It smells like it is right nearby.

Right. I wonder if something happened locally.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:07 pm
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna87732

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:08 pm
Which area are you in?

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone else noticed it?

It’s all the way down to Long Island and NYC, maybe even further. There are air quality warnings here as well.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:09 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
It’s all the way down to Long Island and NYC, maybe even further. There are air quality warnings here as well.

It’s unbelievable that the smell is so strong from so far away. I feel bad for those who live closer!

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone else noticed it?

Yep. The weather folks have been alerting us to this the last couple of days. The weather pattern is set up this week to send the smoke our way. There already was a bit of a smell yesterday and they put out a notice to expect it to get worse today

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:10 pm
Yup, we have it in Lakewood, too.
https://nj1015.com/tuesday-nj-.....orms/

amother
Bellflower

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:10 pm
Omg. I just came on here because I was trying to figure out cause for the smokiness in my neighborhood!
Route 59, Monsey area

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
It’s unbelievable that the smell is so strong from so far away. I feel bad for those who live closer!

My nose doesn’t really work so I can’t tell you if it smells here, but the sky definitely has a Smokey hazey tinge.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:12 pm
amother Bellflower wrote:
Omg. I just came on here because I was trying to figure out cause for the smokiness in my neighborhood!
Route 59, Monsey area

Looks like a sand storm!

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:17 pm
So is anyone in Canada going to do anything about these wildfires?! Or we just gotta live with this terrible air quality?

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:18 pm
Is it dangerous to breathe in the air?
Thinking if I need to go inside.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:20 pm
amother Opal wrote:
So is anyone in Canada going to do anything about these wildfires?! Or we just gotta live with this terrible air quality?

“ NYC is 'code red' for unhealthy air quality as smoke from Canadian wildfires pours across the Northeast sparking warning for residents with breathing issues to stay indoors
The National Weather Service issued an air quality alert on Tuesday for the Tri-state area, including parts of New Jersey
The unhealthy air seeping through the city is due to smoke that originated from a fire last week in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia
More than 160 forest fires were still burning in Quebec as of Tuesday morning”

My guess is that they’re not just letting 160+ Forest fires just burn on their own….

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:21 pm
amother Puce wrote:
Is it dangerous to breathe in the air?
Thinking if I need to go inside.

You shouldn’t be outside if you don’t need to be.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:24 pm
The smell just became alot worse in Monsey. Just turned on the AC to filter the air

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:24 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
“ NYC is 'code red' for unhealthy air quality as smoke from Canadian wildfires pours across the Northeast sparking warning for residents with breathing issues to stay indoors
The National Weather Service issued an air quality alert on Tuesday for the Tri-state area, including parts of New Jersey
The unhealthy air seeping through the city is due to smoke that originated from a fire last week in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia
More than 160 forest fires were still burning in Quebec as of Tuesday morning”

My guess is that they’re not just letting 160+ Forest fires just burn on their own….

I mean Canada is basically mostly forest. You think they can handle such huge fires, or they're just throwing up their hands and waiting for it to burn out?

GLUE

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:26 pm
amother Opal wrote:

When you have a massive wild fire like that most of the time the only thing to do is build a fire break and let the fire burn it's self out.

In "fire country" during fire season many people take bandanas soak them with water and wrap them around there mouth just to be able to breath, maybe try that.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 5:27 pm
amother Opal wrote:
I mean Canada is basically mostly forest. You think they can handle such huge fires, or they're just throwing up their hands and waiting for it to burn out?

That would be very dangerous, and also irresponsible. There’s quite a lot of inhabited area between the forest and the US-Canada border.
Page 1 of 31   1  2  3  29  30  31  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries