Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Who to snip lip tie in newborn
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 9:19 am
All my kids have tongue ties, and I have an expensive cash laser surgery coming up for the 3 year old, I'm not making the same mistake again. (The mistake was - the ENT at 9 months said it was minor and refused to snip it)

My baby is 2 weeks old and has an obvious lip tie. Who do I go to that's good. Specific name of someone? I have fidelis

amother
Lily

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 9:33 am
Dr. Scott Siegal in manhattan

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 9:42 am
amother Lily wrote:
Dr. Scott Siegal in manhattan

Thats who I'm going to for the 3 year old already lol hoping for a newborn I can not pay cash?

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 9:54 am
Dr Scott Rickert
Went to him with both my babies . Amazing bedside manner. Highly recommend he’s with NYU Langone

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:14 am
Why are you snipping it? Why is it necessary?

SYA

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:17 am
amother Forsythia wrote:
Dr Scott Rickert
Went to him with both my babies . Amazing bedside manner. Highly recommend he’s with NYU Langone

Same. Used him for one of my kids and one spot of blood.
Recently used a different ENT for another baby and there was heavy bleeding for a few minutes.

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:22 am
please try cranial first. I got my babies snipped in the hospital and it grew back. Did one cranial session which got it loose so I didn't have to get it snipped. Started latching perfectly fine

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:25 am
amother Sunflower wrote:
please try cranial first. I got my babies snipped in the hospital and it grew back. Did one cranial session which got it loose so I didn't have to get it snipped. Started latching perfectly fine

Latch and nursing is fine. How would cranial loosen it up?

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:38 am
so why do you care that it's tide?

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:39 am
it softens the muscle

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:40 am
Dr Dvorkes snips it for $50

tweety1

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:58 am
Maybe have a lactation consultant look at it first. I did that with my baby. I didn't end up snipping. Lactation consultants look at tongue or lip ties differently than Dr's.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 11:00 am
amother Sunflower wrote:
so why do you care that it's tide?

All my kids nursed perfectly and all have issues from the tongue tie later on. Speech and airway. Hence why im paying for the 3 year old now

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 11:20 am
amother OP wrote:
All my kids nursed perfectly and all have issues from the tongue tie later on. Speech and airway. Hence why im paying for the 3 year old now

What airway issues? I wouldn’t put my baby through a painful procedure because of a “maybe” in the future.

amother
Lily

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 11:25 am
amother OP wrote:
Latch and nursing is fine. How would cranial loosen it up?
Craniosacral is a good idea after the procedure to retrain the tongue and keep it from reattaching

amother
Gladiolus

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:55 pm
Dr Lauren Kotlow in Albany. Takes Fidelis and is an expert at doing this for many many years. Lots of Frum people have it done by him.
They are ridiculously stuck in the covid procedures (ex must wait in car, no waiting room, mask, for older kids no parent allowed in etc )

Fidelis can even cover a taxi ride.

happy chick

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 8:00 pm
Many doctors won't snip lip tie, only tongue. I agree that a lactation consultant can tell you if it's something that needs tending.

It's such a tiny procedure, it's not worth taking the risk that it will effect them years down the line.

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 8:41 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
Dr Lauren Kotlow in Albany. Takes Fidelis and is an expert at doing this for many many years. Lots of Frum people have it done by him.
They are ridiculously stuck in the covid procedures (ex must wait in car, no waiting room, mask, for older kids no parent allowed in etc )

Fidelis can even cover a taxi ride.

I've used him multiple times. He never allowed the parents go down with the kid for the actual procedure. But he's amazing. Did it with him for all of our kids.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:00 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:
I've used him multiple times. He never allowed the parents go down with the kid for the actual procedure. But he's amazing. Did it with him for all of our kids.

How do you know he is amazing if your not there by the procedure? That’s worrisome to me as a parent.

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 10:04 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
How do you know he is amazing if your not there by the procedure? That’s worrisome to me as a parent.

Cuz he does the job right. The kid is inside for exactly 5 min. And I've done it with a bit older kids (7 and 5) too. They weren't traumatized at all.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries