Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
If you co-sleep...

How old was your baby when you fully transitioned from co-sleeping to sleeping separately?
0-6 months  
 19%  [ 7 ]
6-12 months  
 25%  [ 9 ]
1-2 years  
 25%  [ 9 ]
2-3 years  
 11%  [ 4 ]
over 3 years  
 11%  [ 4 ]
never  
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 36

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:16 pm
I am defining a full transition as no longer sleeping in your bed for any amount of time. I would also like to know how long it took, how hard it was to transition and what method you used

amother
Geranium

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:37 pm
Never co slept with any of my babies.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:58 pm
Never co-slept. Always had a fear of roll over on them c”v. My nephew passed away in his fathers bed.

pinkpeonies

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 6:59 pm
I cosleep with my babies until they are 6 months (usually when I reach my breaking point and need my own bed)
At that point, I put them in their crib and I spend lots of time with them through the night in their room until they are sleeping through the night, but they don’t come in my bed until morning.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 7:00 pm
I use a co sleeper bassinet. By 6-8 months they’re generally transitioning to a crib

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Jun 08 2023, 7:12 pm
Each baby was different. My oldest never slept with me. She couldn't sleep unless swaddled until 6 months and then she took forever to fall asleep because I had to stop swaddling. Went from bassinet to crib at 4 months. 2nd Co slept until 9 months when I sleep trained (she was ready and it took 3 nights). 3rd never co slept. 4th slept on me during the day but only in the crib at night because I pumped for a while. Wouldn't have worked with pumping. I know people who co sleep until weaned.

SG18

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 4:05 am
By a year, my first was in her own bed all night. I didn't sleep train, she still wakes up to potty, but she goes back to sleep in her own bed.

amother
Tulip

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 6:02 am
amother Pumpkin wrote:
Never co-slept. Always had a fear of roll over on them c”v. My nephew passed away in his fathers bed.

And I was so tired I fell asleep nursing while sitting up and dropped my 3 day old baby.

When you are sleep deprived that much there are more risks with everything you do.

Moms are hormonal and are hardwired to do everything they can to sustain their baby. When I coslept I was so aware of everything going on, I couldn't sleep deeply.

Men don't have all these hormones and sleep deeper. How many women sleep through their baby crying, VS how many men do?

amother
Mayflower

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 6:09 am
amother Tulip wrote:
And I was so tired I fell asleep nursing while sitting up and dropped my 3 day old baby.

When you are sleep deprived that much there are more risks with everything you do.

Moms are hormonal and are hardwired to do everything they can to sustain their baby. When I coslept I was so aware of everything going on, I couldn't sleep deeply.

Men don't have all these hormones and sleep deeper. How many women sleep through their baby crying, VS how many men do?

I also cosleep in a position that makes it impossible to roll over. And I’ma light sleeper to begin with

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 8:49 am
By my first we coslept 19 months and at that point it was easy to transfer to a crib. We’ll see what happens with my second

amother
Impatiens

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 8:56 am
As long as they still needed to wake up at night to nurse, so probably 4-6 months.

Once they were able to skip the night feeding they stayed in their crib.

The truth is I would fall asleep nursing, then wake up at some point and move them back to their crib because I never moved in my sleep when they were with me.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 11:05 am
I used a cosleeper bassinet. When my son was 4 1/2 months, I switched him into his own room. I let him cry it out (after speaking to my pediatrician), and by day 3, he was sleeping through the night from 7-5. It was the best decision ever to do it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics