Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o tznius at home

Think good

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 6:21 am
So many women were sharing that how they dress at home around their kids is different than what they deem acceptable out of the house. This makes me wonder- what, if at all, do they notice in Nidda vs Tahor times? Have they said/wondered anything? How does this make you feel?
Did any of this make you change how you dress at how? Why?
Any other thoughts on the matter welcome

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 6:27 am
What do you mean while niddah? I was taught to not be provocative in any way or wear/do something that would make me seem sxy.

Last time I checked pajamas pants/loose longer short and short sleeve tshirts aren't sxy.

Was taught also I don't need to cover my hair when niddah either.

I don't generally wear lingerie around my kids if that's what you are asking. Or walk around in just a bra and underwear.

lovingmommy3417

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 6:29 am
Not everyone wears a long dressing gown and covers their hair all the time while in niddah.

Think good

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 6:31 am
I guess I wasn't specific enough
Asking the people who cover hair/ only wear skirts/ wear socks when Nidda

Really, any of the above. As long as it's different from your usual way of dressing at home

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 6:33 am
Deleted

Last edited by shabbatiscoming on Fri, Jun 09 2023, 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total

lovingmommy3417

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 6:34 am
Think good wrote:
I guess I wasn't specific enough
Asking the people who cover hair/ only wear skirts/ wear socks when Nidda

Really, any of the above. As long as it's different from your usual way of dressing at home

I would think that those people would generally dress more tznius at home. Maybe I'm wrong. I dress tznius in my home (as much as I would on the outside) and don't hold by those things during niddah.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 6:35 am
My hair is covered at home regardless of status. I dress the same regardless of status. I don't like perfume so I never wear it--so that doesn't change.

Also, as far as dressing tznius one way in the house and more strictly out of the house---that is the actual definition of what level of tznius to keep when niddah with one's husband. (ie. if you would usually cover it in your house)

My kids never noticed anything...only my teens now actually notice when I'm going to mikvah because the reality is that I don't go out at night--especially after 9pm. We all know we know, even though nothing is overtly said. ("I'm going out for a bit. " "Where?" "Just gotta go run an errand" "Ah, ok. have fun.") It's not weird. I don't make it weird. They don't either.

preciousmommy

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 6:40 am
While a niddah I sleep in a nightgown and a snood. When not a niddah I don’t cover my hair and usually wear loose pants and a pretty tznius pajama top.

I don’t think my kids really pay attention. I’ve worn a nursing nightgown sometimes when not niddah, too. My girls have pj pants and nightgowns and they’ll switch off as they like. I think they just see it as a different set of pajamas.

During the day I’m always fully covered regardless.

Think good

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 6:44 am
I think this answered my question
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics