Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
I am Israeli Visa for dd in seminary

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 11:19 am
What is the best way to go about it? TIA

amother
Lotus

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 11:36 am
The school usually takes care of it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 12:08 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
The school usually takes care of it.

This year the law changed and we need to do it with the help of the school probably.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 2:25 pm
If you are israeli, she can not get a visa because she is considered israeli.
If you never registered her as an israeli citizen, it will be a big pain in the neck. Because you officially should register her and then apply for a passport which could take a very long time.
I had that situation with my girls and gave up doing the paperwork (covid times made it even more complicated). The first two never got a visa. They just entered israel and didnt come home until the end of the year and had no issues leaving the country. (dont try this with a boy!)
The third daughter, the seminary kept on asking me to fill in the visa application anyways. I am not sure what happened, but the israeli parent dob was put in wrong (european format instead of american) and she was granted a visa.

amother
Begonia

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 2:28 pm
amother Violet wrote:
If you are israeli, she can not get a visa because she is considered israeli.
If you never registered her as an israeli citizen, it will be a big pain in the neck. Because you officially should register her and then apply for a passport which could take a very long time.
I had that situation with my girls and gave up doing the paperwork (covid times made it even more complicated). The first two never got a visa. They just entered israel and didnt come home until the end of the year and had no issues leaving the country. (dont try this with a boy!)
The third daughter, the seminary kept on asking me to fill in the visa application anyways. I am not sure what happened, but the israeli parent dob was put in wrong (european format instead of american) and she was granted a visa.

What's different for a boy?

amother
Mimosa

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 3:36 pm
amother Begonia wrote:
What's different for a boy?

Army issues are more complicated for boys.

We tried to have our daughter registered with the consulate to then cancel the citizenship but we were missing the hospital discharge papers, and then it was COVID. In any event, she went on an American passport and we’ll find out if she has any issues coming back when she leaves. Chaim V’Chesed didn’t expect her to have any problems.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 10:09 am
So I guess she will enter as American. I never registered her as Israeli. Does it matter that her brother registered as Israeli about five years ago? The the Yeshiva did it back then. The seminary asked all the Israeli parents to call them to discuss the visa. I was wondering what are the options
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics