Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Bought a house?
Previous  1  2

mommalah

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 8:53 pm
What's the big deal? I doubt anyone here has actually purchased their home outright. Most, if not all, have managed to secure a loan. That's right, A LOAN. You don't OWN your home until you have paid back that loan and in the interim you can pretend you own your home. There are many creative ways to go about becoming a homebuyer, not all of which include a serious down payment....Owning a home is so not a reflection of your financial status.
Don't feel bad if you haven't bought one yet. You are that much richer than the rest of us fools who owe upwards of a few hundred thousand dollars. lol!

cassandra

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 8:55 pm
heffer569 wrote:
Im not saying I dont work I do work full time over 50 hours a week and have 2 little kids my dh also works more than I do what im saying is I didnt work for the down payment because I was only 17 and barely out of high school. Now I have my bachelors almost done my masters am starting law school and work full time but ppl still think im spoiled

You sound upset about it. Maybe you need new friends? (How do you even have time for friends anyway?)

cassandra

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 8:57 pm
mommalah wrote:
What's the big deal? I doubt anyone here has actually purchased their home outright. Most, if not all, have managed to secure a loan. That's right, A LOAN. You don't OWN your home until you have paid back that loan and in the interim you can pretend you own your home. There are many creative ways to go about becoming a homebuyer, not all of which include a serious down payment....Owning a home is so not a reflection of your financial status.
Don't feel bad if you haven't bought one yet. You are that much richer than the rest of us fools who owe upwards of a few hundred thousand dollars. lol!

Even though I have a mortgage and even though it's a bad market I could sell my house today and walk away with approx. $400,000. That's not bad.

heffer569

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 9:01 pm
Im not upset it just annoys me when people who know my parents and see my house they automatically assume that everything I have is given to me on a silver platter. I could take the easy way out and take take take but my parents from the beggining always instilled a very strong work ethic in us kids. they also always said you must have an education cause they wont be here forever and what if c'v something happens to dh how will I support myself.
As for friends I really dont have time for them but somehow they find time to annoy me and its not my really close friends its more of those fake yea we r friends but could never count on for anything.

cdawnr

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 9:05 pm

mommalah

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 9:15 pm
cassandra-

No, that's not too bad. You bought at the right time. This isn't the case for everyone, especially those who bought homes in the last few years.

shayna82

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 9:33 pm
21- right after my first son was born

leomom

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 10:51 pm

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 11:32 pm
yay! there's hope! Smile thanks yy

tovasmom

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 11:57 pm

leomom

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 12:56 am