Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Chickenpox Vaccine
Previous  1  2  3

raizy

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 11:03 pm
thank you jo for explaining it to them.

and chavamom it seems that whenever we cross paths I am deemed as the angry hostile person. while u are deemed as the charming miss know it all!!!if u dont agree with my opion then dont agree but u dont have to put me down to make yourselve higher.

I never said dont nurse or do vacinate your childeren or dogs for all I care. but u seem to think that only your opoin counts.

zigi

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 11:50 pm
my son was vacinated and he got chicken pox but it was very light all he had was the spots, he was running aroung the house, and not even itching. so I'm glad that if he had to get it it was a very light version! I still was going crazy though I really wanted to get out of my house!

chavamom

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 1:24 am
raizy wrote:

I never said dont nurse or do vacinate your childeren or dogs for all I care. but u seem to think that only your opoin counts.

Speaking of getting personal..... LOL .

I try to post things that have research or info to back it up, not just my personal opinion. And I don't post angry, annoyed posts when things disagree with my point of view. Perhaps you see the difference.

chavamom

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 1:29 am
mommyabc123 wrote:
My point was it is not so simple to rely on "everyone is vaccinated so why should I?"

Most people I know that don't vaccinate aren't really relying on the fact that everyone else is vaccinating. The only one I have heard that from is other medical personel ('these anti-vax people think they can not vax b/c the rest f us are responsible and vaccinate our kids....').

I'm really not an across the board anti-vax person. But I do think that there is a new vaccination craze in the world of medicine and people tend to think that these new vaccinations are all benefit and no risk. That's all.

realeez

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 7:55 am
I know of people who are unfortunately like that.

chavamom

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 1:55 pm
mommyabc123 wrote:
I know of people who are unfortunately like that.

Interesting. Esp. since with something like tetanus, it doesn't matter how many people are vaccinated, doesn't decrease your risk. Actually, whooping cough (pertusis) isn't rare in the adult population either b/c the vaccine wears off (and hence the new vaccine to be given to teenagers and adults) and kids could (and do!) catch it that way. You could really only say that about something where the disease has been eliminated or almost eliminated. I think someone who really thinks like that isn't very well informed!

soraya

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 7:21 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
It's very common on this site for people who embrace modern medicine and trust doctors and the government to be called "not very well-informed".

I am a little late coming into this discussion, and it could be that no one cares about this anymore, but I just wanted give some info on "trusting the government."

It's not a secret that there are a lot of conflicts of interest in the vaccine/pharmaceutical industry. For instance, some of the people who sit on the Advisory Committee at the Center for Disease Control also own large amounts of stock in pharmaceutical companies, such as Merck. When I say "large amounts," I'm not talking about $1,000 here. much, much more.
Or, another example, many of the studies that "prove" the safety of the vaccines are funded by the vaccine manufacturers themselves!

just some food for thought!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 7:34 pm
along the lines of chicken pox, I'd like my kids to get it when they're still young. if anyone out there in the greater detroit area knows someone who has chicken pox (the natural kind, not the vax kind), I'd love to hear about it to bring my kids over and expose them.

micki

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 10:28 pm
can you get chicken pox from a boywho was vaccinated?
akid here in town has it, and he got the vaccine 3 weeks ago.
if I expose my kids, will they catch it or is the strain not "real" and no one can catch it?

Crayon210

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 10:32 pm
soraya wrote:
I am a little late coming into this discussion, and it could be that no one cares about this anymore, but I just wanted give some info on "trusting the government."

It's not a secret that there are a lot of conflicts of interest in the vaccine/pharmaceutical industry. For instance, some of the people who sit on the Advisory Committee at the Center for Disease Control also own large amounts of stock in pharmaceutical companies, such as Merck. When I say "large amounts," I'm not talking about $1,000 here. much, much more.
Or, another example, many of the studies that "prove" the safety of the vaccines are funded by the vaccine manufacturers themselves!

just some food for thought!

Can you bring reliable sources for this?

My quote had nothing to do with what you are posting.

ektsm

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 10:35 pm
Crayon210 for once I finally strongly agree with you! You are right in everythign you say on this matter!

amother

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 9:17 am
micki wrote:
can you get chicken pox from a boywho was vaccinated?
akid here in town has it, and he got the vaccine 3 weeks ago.
if I expose my kids, will they catch it or is the strain not "real" and no one can catch it?

yes, you could catch if from someone who was vaxed. I don't want my kids to becauseit's often more severe and not the real thing, I.e. they can get it again.

realeez

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 10:58 am
from the Ontario Ministry of Health website
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en......html

Quote:
Some children may get a very mild case of chicken pox one or two weeks after they get the vaccine but are not likely to be contagious.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics