Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
How many cookbooks do you have?
Previous  1  2

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Jul 13 2008, 1:30 pm
Here's a great Hebrew one:

Arucha Lechol Arucha ערוכה לכל ארוחה
Get it?

It's by Shifra Abalkush and it's got 230 recipes and lots of pictures. What's nice about it is that they are pretty simple recipes made with ingredients you either have in the house or that are easy to get.

Another nice one is Orachat Leshabat אורחת לשבת BY Avigail Meizlik (I think she does a column in Mishpacha).

Really nice recipes in here and she writes nice stories about each one too. Great Shabbos reading LOL (and don't tell me you're not allowed to read it on Shabbos).

Pineapple

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 2:21 pm
I have about 4 or 5 and I use all of them.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 2:31 pm
I have about 35, but mostly only use 5 or 6. I did look through the other day, and hey, it looked interesting!

mom2bsn

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 2:43 pm
my mother has over 800!

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 2:46 pm
mom2bsn wrote:
my mother has over 800!

what does she have, a store?

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 2:48 pm
10, but I prefer to make up my own recipes.

mom2bsn

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 2:58 pm
she loves to cook and bake! There are cookbooks ALL over the house

Capitalchick

Post Fri, Jul 25 2008, 8:39 am
I have about 30. I just read them like other people read novels. I actually don't really "use" any, technically speaking, because I rarely follow recipes. I usually just look at a recipe for inspiration and then just go and invent my own things. I find recipes to be like rules....very constricting.

dee's mommy

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 9:21 pm
I don`t know exactly, but I own a bunch of them, and really only use between three and five, in addition to a binder of my mother`s grandmother`s and other lucky finds either from the internet or other sources. I am satisfied with those, and have put the rest away. I used to buy a lot of cookbooks, but now I am just not interested.

montrealmommy

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 9:29 pm
Including cooking magazines and compilations I probably have between 200-250. I am a huge collector.

How many do I use (regularly) - there are about 2 dz that I consult regularly. I also lend them out if anyone is interested. I don't hold by kosher only and have quite the array (if I may say so), I get on avg. 5-6 new ones a year.

Twizzlers

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 9:50 pm
0 embarrassed

yo'ma

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 8:21 pm
yo'ma wrote:
I have about 35, but mostly only use 5 or 6. I did look through them the other day, and hey, it looked interesting!

Since this posting I bought 3 more embarrassed . Really two are for my dd Wink .

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 8:23 pm
I have 3!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics