Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
School: Tiferes Miriam

wowee

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 11:53 am
Anyo

Last edited by wowee on Mon, Jan 18 2010, 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Cdlf

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 12:03 pm
My cousin is a teacher in Tiferes Miriam for a few years so I'll ask her tonight A"H. The Ichud program has a diff. grade in diff. schools. Check which school has your daughter's age bec. although it is run by Ichid it may not be the school you want your daughter in. My Chassidishe BP friend has her daughter in a Flatbush school's Ichud program which may be uncomfortable to some.

wowee

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 12:29 pm
Wh

Last edited by wowee on Mon, Jan 18 2010, 8:11 am; edited 2 times in total

abismommy

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 1:41 pm
ichud is self-contained classes (special ed classes that have only kids with difficulties) in regular schools all over the place. every year they try to open up another class in another school to cater to more people and more crowds.
Tiferes Miriam (which I think is only a High School) is a school for girls with difficulty learning. They go by the state curriculum, but there are a LOT of modifications in all subjects. Small clases, dedicated teachers and caring staff.
The principal is Rabbi Stamm and they're located on 17th avenue in the 50's, I think, but I don't have any more info than that.

Cdlf

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 7:27 pm
So I spoke to my cousin and shes says to leave a message by Ichud 718-375-0400 (the office is in Prospect) and by Tiferes Miriam and after speaking to both you'll see which one is more eligible for your daughter. You say you called them so give it a day or 2 or else I'll give you Rabbi Stamm and the secretary, Shoshie Rosenberg's home phone numbers. Tiferes Miriam does have a class for Junior High-the 6,7 and 8th are in one class and she thinks they may be a little lower functioning than the girls in the Ichud program. The current 6th grade is in Bais Yaakov of 18th Avenue and the 5th is in YOB-she's not 100% sure but thinks so. What did her current school recommend? Maybe her principal can get her into Ichud for you. PM me if you want more info or their home phone numbers. Hatzlachah Rabbah!

Appletree

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 8:07 pm
iknow someone who went to Tiferes Miriam. she has a learning disibilty. basicley the school is like a one on one base its a very small school so everone gets its own attention and they also have great special ed teachers. its on 17th ave and 65th street and they have all difrent kind of girls from chasidish to flatbush pple.
good luck and lots of hatzlacha

wowee

Post Wed, Jul 23 2008, 3:12 pm
Thank you all for your replies!

RAGS123abc

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 11:21 pm
have taught there for a while...great warm school, lots of individual attention, girls learn according to their own pace...many different levels, call and set up to come see the school and the principle will walk you around and answer all of your questions...

Last edited by RAGS123abc on Mon, Aug 21 2017, 12:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 12:52 pm
Hi!
I used to teach in Tiferes Miriam (like 10 year ago).
Back then, there was a junior high and high school. small classes. very individualized by student's level.
I really liked the school and program. Rabbi Stam is amazing.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Aug 08 2017, 2:47 pm
RAGS and Brachavehatzlacha, I'm messaging you

eight

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 9:00 am
Does the school cater both to individualized education and girls who May have behavioral issues too?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries