Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Quick & Kosher - Recipes from the Bride Who Knew Nothing
1  2  Next

Capitalchick

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 7:56 am
I got this cookbook the week it came out. I REALLY like it. There are a couple of things that ticked me off about it (ex. the 'duck sauce chicken' recipe: Take a chicken, pour jarred duck sauce on top, bake).

But overall, I'm LOVING the recipes. They're basic, but I'm creative enough to spice them up myself. They're VERY quick. Once I was asked to bring three desserts to a party, so I made a pie, a cake and cookies....I promise I had everything baking in the oven within 35 minutes!
She has this one chocolate liqueur pie that has always been a HUGE hit.

Anyone else love this cookbook??

mimishkl

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 8:46 am
HI! WHERE DO U BUY IT? I CHECK IN WILLIE AND I DIDNT C IT ANYWHERE

bubby

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 10:29 am
DD swears by it & bought it for me as a gift. I love it too...the chatty style is nice. Great recipes, the results are fabulous, & not hard. You can buy it in any good book store...I saw it in the Kolel store in BP!

lovmyboys

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 10:35 am
Capitalchick wrote:
She has this one chocolate liqueur pie that has always been a HUGE hit.

Capital can you post that recipe please? I was just looking for a dessert to make for shab this sounds great!

Mrs. Mommy

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 10:40 am
any recipe I made from there was a real hit! They are all really easy and everyone likes them. I agree that the duck sauce chicken was a bit silly, as well as the corn on the cob (boil water, put in corn and add salt) but in general, it is great!!

Toot

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 10:49 am
Capitalchick wrote:
I got this cookbook the week it came out. I REALLY like it. There are a couple of things that ticked me off about it (ex. the 'duck sauce chicken' recipe: Take a chicken, pour jarred duck sauce on top, bake).

Hey, that's my recipe!! I smell a lawsuit...

Stepmum

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 11:10 am
I bought it for myself, actually as a treat for my husband. Till now he's done most of the cooking.

I know the duck chicken recipe seemed silly, but I can imagine a scenario with someone (not me, of course! Smile) who's never cooked, wants to make chicken, and doesn't know where to begin. It's a simple recipe, but it tastes good, and for a new bride, might be a lifesaver.

justanothermother

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 5:50 pm
Mrs. Mommy wrote:
any recipe I made from there was a real hit! They are all really easy and everyone likes them. I agree that the duck sauce chicken was a bit silly, as well as the corn on the cob (boil water, put in corn and add salt) but in general, it is great!!

Did the recipe say to add salt to boiling corn?

DREAMING

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 5:53 pm
I love the chicken that calls for McCormick fried chicken seasoning (except I left that out because I couldn't find that spice anywhere)

Maya

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 5:59 pm
I got this cookbook from my mother-in-law as a gift, and am also loving it.

greeneyes

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 7:21 pm
DREAMING wrote:
I love the chicken that calls for McCormick fried chicken seasoning (except I left that out because I couldn't find that spice anywhere)

We really like that recipe too! I also skipped the fried chicken seasoning 'cuz I couldn't find it.

I'm definitely enjoying this cookbook. Everything I tried so far has been relatively quick, and good.

elf123

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 7:27 pm
I actually worked on that cookbook and loved it! I tried all the recipes before it was printed. BTW, laugh all you want, but I make that duck sauce chicken almost every shabbos and it comes out great.....

queen

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 8:20 pm
why making fun of the duck sauce and corn recipes----- it says it exactly on the cover--- for the bride who knew nothing.

For those newlyweds who really know nothing- this teaches them from the ground up.
Great book, waiting for my DH to buy it for me as a gift Queen

cookielady

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 8:23 pm
the stuffed mushroom recipe is great!

Capitalchick

Post Fri, Jul 25 2008, 5:37 am
[quote="lovmyboys"]
Capitalchick wrote:

Capital can you post that recipe please? I was just looking for a dessert to make for shab this sounds great!

Sorry! I'm out of town for a few days. I'll post it next week when I'm back at home.

lovmyboys

Post Sun, Jul 27 2008, 12:15 pm
Thanks Capital

Tova

Post Sun, Jul 27 2008, 1:29 pm
Maya wrote:
I got this cookbook from my mother-in-law as a gift, and am also loving it.

Ditto (hope there was no message in that!) and Ditto!

Just a question - Was anyone able to find the "baby vegetables" that go with the chicken recipe? I have done it with chopped up big veggies, and it tastes great, but I'd love for presentation purposes to use the minis!

avimom

Post Sun, Jul 27 2008, 5:12 pm
my dh did get it for me as agift :-) I love it! Most of the recipes have been hits. The latkes were too salty and the peanut butter chocolate mousse pie didn't go over too well, but other than that, I love it. Moishes has some of the baby vegetables, I've noticed.

mama-star

Post Sun, Jul 27 2008, 5:48 pm
thanks everyone for posting about this, because I LOVE COOKBOOKS!!!

morkush

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 12:17 am
luvmyboys, I also wanted to make this but since I have never found a frozen prepared piecrust in Israel, I haven't tried it yet.
Do you still want the recipe, cause I can post it if you want...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics