Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Quick & Kosher - Recipes from the Bride Who Knew Nothing
Previous  1  2

lovmyboys

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 3:17 am
Thanks morkush that would be great. I've never either seen frozen pie crusts, I guess I'd make my own- I think the purple cookbook has a recipe for one.

morkush

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 5:46 am
Sure
Here it is

1 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 Tbsps granulated sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 eggs
3 Tbsps chocolate liqueur, or to taste
1 cup crushed walnuts
1 (9 inch) frozen prepared piecrust
Non dairy whipped topping (optional)

-Preheat oven to 350
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, place sugars, mragarine, cornstarch, eggs and choc liqueur. Beat for about 2 to 3 minutes
- Fold in nuts and chips
- Pour into piecrust
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 40 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temp, with whipped non-dairy toppping, if desired.

Good luck making it, and let me know how it goes with making your own piecrust, cause if it works I will def try it!

Capitalchick

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 8:19 am
morkush wrote:

Good luck making it, and let me know how it goes with making your own piecrust, cause if it works I will def try it!

Thanks for posting the recipe for me. I've made it and it's AMAZING. A huge hit with a family of 10! I definitely say go for it! I actually used Starbucks coffee liqueur (how awesome is it that it's kosher?!?!?!) and it came out delicious. Go for it!

lovmyboys

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 12:58 pm
Thanks morkush for posting... do you know if you can get cornstarch here though? I've never seen it and everywhere that I ask for it they give me cornflour, thats not the same thing is it?
I was actually in geula today and was going to buy the book... it was 140 shek though, I figued I might as well order it online and wait for someone to bring it Very Happy

chaylizi

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 1:06 pm
can't you just put graham crackers & margarine in your blender/food processor & pat the crumbs into a regular pie pan? that's what I use for my cheesecake & other recipes that I don't use a pie crust for. have you looked for pie shells out of the freezer case? here we have prepared graham cracker crusts, but they are on the regular shelf. the frozen shells I use more for quiches and stuff.

mommalah

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 1:13 pm
can anyone tell me if the recipes use healthy ing's? Or is it full of white flour, sugar, and creamed cans of stuff?

spinkles

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 2:25 pm
Lovmyboys, what they translate as "cornflour" in Israel is what we call "cornstarch" in the U.S. I think it's British English.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 2:28 pm
mommalah wrote:
can anyone tell me if the recipes use healthy ing's? Or is it full of white flour, sugar, and creamed cans of stuff?

mostly that. this isn't a health food cookbook. I substitute whole wheat flour in lots of my recipes though. I use brown rice instead of white. haven't given up my sugar though. and I haven't come across too many recipes that call for creamed cans of anything. it's a good thing, b/c I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole anyway.

morkush

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 11:39 pm
Yep cornstarch and cornflour are the same thing! G'luck with it.

lovmyboys

Post Wed, Jul 30 2008, 12:58 am
chaylizi wrote:
can't you just put graham crackers & margarine in your blender/food processor & pat the crumbs into a regular pie pan? that's what I use for my cheesecake & other recipes that I don't use a pie crust for. have you looked for pie shells out of the freezer case? here we have prepared graham cracker crusts, but they are on the regular shelf. the frozen shells I use more for quiches and stuff.

You can get graham cracker crusts here some places also, I think this recipe calls for a regular not sweet crust though. Usually if something needs a graham cracker crust it will say in the recpe. Could be I'm wrong though...

shoppingmom

Post Sat, Aug 02 2008, 9:57 pm
Somehow I found that the Ingredients were very hard to find! Besides, everything takes way longer as written. Somehow, whatever I tried just didn’t come out all that great. (except the pepper steak that was yuuuuuuum) Would anyone care to share with me which recipes are quick and delicious?

morkush

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 12:02 am
Luvmyboys- did you make it??
Shoppingmum- I really like the chicken teriyake. Also the apple purses were a realy great dessert in the winter with vanilla icecream... YUMMMMMM.... I also liked the salmon casserole, but it was very heavy, so I mixed in noodles and rebaked it- also great! Chicken cacciatore is nice and esay and quick. And her chocolate cake with hot sauce is also yum (even though the ingredients sound disgusting!!)

shoppingmom

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 10:29 am
Thanks, I'm gonna check out the book right now. What about recipies for the nine days?

kesher

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 11:43 am
Her website is www.quickandkosher.com

lovmyboys

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 8:00 am
morkush wrote:
Luvmyboys- did you make it??

I didn't end up making it because I didn't have chocolate liquer in the house and only saw a huge bottle, if I see a smaller bottle to buy then I'll def make it one of these weeks. I found and easy recipe for a pie crust actually:
http://www.ehow.com/how_441587......html
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics