Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Mac Cosmetics

ShirleyTemple

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 12:06 pm
Anyone have experience with Mac?

I was going to buy Perscriptives, but then I hit the Mac booth, and decided to try 'em out. I put down a nice buck there.

I would like to hear your feedback if you used their cosmetics ever.

Thanks.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 12:09 pm
like all cosmetics companies, MAC sure has thier hits, and a few misses. I know that thier lip products are amazing.
what products did you buy?

ShirleyTemple

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 12:13 pm
I was basically out of makeup, and decided to try a new brand.

I went for a foundation, concealer & blush.... ended up with a primer, foundation, concealer, blush, blush brush, foundation brush, and brush cleanser!!

I think my face looks pretty ok this morning... Tongue Out and it feels light, too... not like I have layer upon layer of stuff!

cookielady

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 12:17 pm
I love their eye shadows, lip stuff and brushes.

OldYoung

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 12:19 pm
I love using MAC because of their Back2MAC program. Ask about it the next time you're there. You bring in a certain number of old empty containers and get free lip products or eye shadow (depending on booth or store).

Appletree

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 1:01 pm
I used to use mac but now I started using bare minerals. its great I love it. but I still use mac long lasting lipstick its great bec. it last all day

ShirleyTemple

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 1:03 pm
Wanna hear some feedback on their foundation/concealer/blush.... I'm not an eyeliner/mascara/lipstick fan....

Does the makeup last long on the face??

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 1:39 pm
Their Studio Fix lasts long.
In general, MAC is known for their highly pigmented colors. They're mostly popular for their eyeshadows and lipsticks.
If you're not happy with the products ask if you can return them. Some stores allow that.

Beauticianista

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 1:41 pm
ShirleyTemple wrote:
Wanna hear some feedback on their foundation/concealer/blush.... I'm not an eyeliner/mascara/lipstick fan....

Does the makeup last long on the face??

I personally love MAC's eye makeup, but the best foundation I have ever found (not that I wear a lot, but I've tried a few...) is Elizabeth Arden mousse makeup. It's a mousse, so it's light as air, but still does its job. I never wear foundation because of the cakey feeling, but this is fantastic.

realeez

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 1:58 pm
Appletree wrote:
I used to use mac but now I started using bare minerals. its great I love it. but I still use mac long lasting lipstick its great bec. it last all day

I am exactly the same!!!! Totally switched over the BE but still hang on to my "High Strung" MAC lipstick!

dovids princess

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 4:35 pm
I love love LOVE mac. it always feels light, and I never ever look like I have caked on make up on my face.
the people that worked there are trained make up artists, and they are always very helpful!

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 4:47 pm
I love their eyeshadows because they last all day long (at least when paired with MAC paints). I recently started wearing their powder foundation and it's great because it totally makes my skin look flawless.

I recently bought their new mineral blush and eyeshadow, eyebrow powder, and the gel eyeliner. Great stuff, but the person that helped me out did such a horrible makeup job on me! Thank goodness I knew exactly what I wanted!

octopus

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 6:04 pm
I love MAC! (I love their fluidline eyeliner!).
Half their stuff isn't kosher l'pesach though (but if you follow the OU then you only need new lip stuff anyway).
I love their colors and I think their foundation does not have a "cakey" look.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics