Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Kitov seminary
1  2  Next



Post new topic   Reply to topic View latest: 24h 48h 72h

syaem




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 12:09 pm
Looking for information on Kitov seminary. How academic? Hashkafos? Yeshivish or not? What type of girls, staff?
Back to top

amother
Jetblack


 

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 12:11 pm
Not so academic, more chilled type.
A lot of Chassidish girls there
Really nice staff and great environment
Back to top

syaem




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 12:18 pm
Chilled in which way?
Back to top

amother
Jetblack


 

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 12:24 pm
syaem wrote:
Chilled in which way?


It's chilled academics wise, there's no pressure at all.

Chilled girls wise as well, chilled personalities.
Back to top

syaem




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 2:25 pm
Anyone else?
Back to top

amother
Bellflower


 

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 2:39 pm
I know a few girls there and that went, middle of the road BY girls. Nice girls mix of quieter and outgoing. Not academic, a lot of hashkafa. Most girls I know who went definitely changed and came back more serious about their Yiddishkeit, Tznius..
Back to top

mom2mysouls




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 3:21 pm
Mrs. Kitov is an amazing lady. She has a great connection with the girls...
Back to top

amother
Strawberry


 

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 4:44 pm
I can't say enough amazing things about this seminary! My daughter was there last year. She is highly academic and was accepted to another seminary that is very high academic wise but chose to go to kitov because of its amazing teachers, mrs. Kitov and the warm friendly caring atmosphere that many seminaries lack imho.
She had such an fantastic year bh! A few of her friends that were in dif seminaries said they feel bad their parents paid so much money for a mediocre year. Bh that is not the experience in kitov. The girls she accepts are such amazing well rounded friendly girls.
Back to top

amother
SandyBrown


 

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 8:31 am
I did not attend this seminary. However, I did visit Israel last year for a number of weeks and met a bunch of these girls at our Shabbos table when they came for Shabbos meals and visited in the afternoon. They were all lovely girls. A mixture of out of town, in-town yeshivish/heimish/Chassidish. They all seemed so happy and eagerly shared how much they loved the seminary, how fantastic their principal Mrs. Kitov is, how friendly all the girls are, and how they did not feel peer pressure for designer clothing or to fit in a box. They enjoyed their classes, felt work was manageable and meaningful, and seemed to be a large chevra of students all having a great time together. I was very impressed by what I was hearing and seeing.
Back to top

amother
Hunter


 

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 12:49 pm
would it be good for a girl who is already very serious about yiddishkeit and life but does not want a "13th grade"? (She doesn't enjoy academically challenging, but loves learning and yiddishkeit)
Back to top

amother
Bellflower


 

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 1:35 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
would it be good for a girl who is already very serious about yiddishkeit and life but does not want a "13th grade"? (She doesn't enjoy academically challenging, but loves learning and yiddishkeit)


Is she very shtark/yeshivish girl?
Back to top

amother
Hunter


 

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 12:27 pm
sorry, havnt been here in a while...yes, she is very shtrak
Back to top

amother
Bellflower


 

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 10:37 am
amother Hunter wrote:
sorry, havnt been here in a while...yes, she is very shtrak


That's not the type of crowd they have this year. My daughter has a few friends there. The are middle of the road BY and many of the girls are more modern than them. I'm not going to say any more on this forum because I'll get blasted..
Look into Hadar (not academic) or Seminar (more academic) or Bnos Sarah (very academic).
Back to top

amother
Azure


 

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 10:39 am
.
Back to top

amother
Purple


 

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 2:39 pm
amother Bellflower wrote:
That's not the type of crowd they have this year. My daughter has a few friends there. The are middle of the road BY and many of the girls are more modern than them. I'm not going to say any more on this forum because I'll get blasted..
Look into Hadar (not academic) or Seminar (more academic) or Bnos Sarah (very academic).


Obviously everyone has a different viewpoint on what "shtark" is. But the above 3 seminaries are very yeshivish and a much different flavor than Kitov which would be a more middle-of-the-road kind of place. Like they're not just alternate suggestions to Kitov, they are different. All are good! You just need to find the right fit for your child.
Back to top

scruffy




 
 
    
 

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 2:41 pm
amother Purple wrote:
Obviously everyone has a different viewpoint on what "shtark" is. But the above 3 seminaries are very yeshivish and a much different flavor than Kitov which would be a more middle-of-the-road kind of place. Like they're not just alternate suggestions to Kitov, they are different. All are good! You just need to find the right fit for your child.


And Bnos Sarah, Seminar and Hadar are all very different from one another.

I would be surprised if someone applied to both Hadar and Bnos Sarah.
Back to top

amother
Lilac


 

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 3:52 pm
Hadar not academic?
Back to top

amother
Bellflower


 

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 4:01 pm
amother Purple wrote:
Obviously everyone has a different viewpoint on what "shtark" is. But the above 3 seminaries are very yeshivish and a much different flavor than Kitov which would be a more middle-of-the-road kind of place. Like they're not just alternate suggestions to Kitov, they are different. All are good! You just need to find the right fit for your child.


Hunter said her daughter is "very shark", yes those 3 are very different with Bnos Sarah being the most academic and not as Yeshivish, Seminar being very Yeshivish and academic but not as academic, and Hadar being a little more Yeshivish and academic but a more "campy" vibe. Of course there are more options....none of these are alternates to Kitov as that's not what she's liking for...
Back to top

amother
Aqua


 

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 4:16 pm
amother Bellflower wrote:
Hunter said her daughter is "very shark", yes those 3 are very different with Bnos Sarah being the most academic and not as Yeshivish, Seminar being very Yeshivish and academic but not as academic, and Hadar being a little more Yeshivish and academic but a more "campy" vibe. Of course there are more options....none of these are alternates to Kitov as that's not what she's liking for...


What does campy vibe mean for a seminary?
Back to top

amother
Eggplant


 

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 10:24 am
Bumping up this post.
I am also strongly considering Kitov for my daughter. She is a frum, yeshivish, lakewood girl but very of of the box - creative, artsy type who does not feel the need to buy the exact Meli skirt that every other girl is wearing, lol. She wants a sem that is super warm, out of the box/out of towny but still yeshivish, and amazing classes that are not so heavy on the workload (she is extremely bright and appreciates deep, well-prepared lessons, but doesn't enjoy textual learning much. )
From what I heard kitov checks all the boxes and seems like a terrific fit for her. My only concern is that I had mixed feedback re: supervision. Some people I spoke to said it's well supervised, but a couple people made comments that it is run very freely and the girls are all over. Does anyone have personal experience that can weigh in on this?
As an aside we are still trying to come up with a couple more options (keser chaya is also a good option for her) if you can recommend another sem that fits the bill that would really be appreciated.
Back to top
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics




Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Seminary instead of 12th grade possible? 75 Mon, Jul 15 2024, 12:58 am View last post
by salt
Seminary packing list
by amother
5 Sun, Jul 14 2024, 9:34 am View last post
Seminary 1 Sat, Jul 13 2024, 1:48 pm View last post
Seminary instead of 12th grade
by amother
37 Fri, Jul 12 2024, 11:35 am View last post
Coat for seminary
by amother
17 Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:51 pm View last post