Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What's your favorite make-up brand?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

costanza

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 6:12 pm
Lok at this site:

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/

cassandra

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 6:27 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:

I've tried tons of mascaras including really expensive ones and I always come back to this cheap one.

I am new to mascara as I have very long eye lashes and grew up constantly hearing from old ladies "you're so lucky, you'll never need mascara"*. I realized that I could use it to enhance my eyelashes, and the first kind I bought was a very expensive brand. It was AWFUL. Now the pink and green is my friend.

*I also have curly hair and grew up hearing "you're so lucky, you'll never need a perm" Yes, it was the 80s.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 6:29 pm
Like Lady godiva, I sell my own makeup, so I am also a little biased.
But I do love things from all over the place. I love maybelline mascara, clinique lipsticks and gloss, a few tarte stuff, Benefit...

Cdlf

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 6:32 pm
I love everything from Revlon Colorstay. They have a lip tint, lipstick, eyeliner and nailpolish from that line that last forever!!! And I usually wait for the sale of buy one get one free at CVS, rite aid, or Duane reade in my neighborhood and stock up!!

square_peg

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 7:11 pm
I love Benefit. Stila eyeshadow. Too faced.

I just bought some thing called perfekt.. it feels awesome.. its a tinted moisturizer (they have clear also), that also supposed to tone, take away redness etc.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 8:21 pm
those of you who sell your own makeup---- are you involved in the production of it, like actually visiting the plant and making suggestions and recommendations, and hiring distributors?? Or are you distributors for a product that changes names based on who is selling it? Or what exactly? Where are your cosmetics produced?

I sell Mary Kay so that's what I use.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 8:22 pm
Lancome, cristian dior,and cmk work for me.

TheBeinoni

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 9:34 pm
I went thru stages where I used mostly Chanel, Bobbi Brown, MAC.

Now for the past few years I've been using mostly Lancome. I go to their boutique in Short Hills (they have one in the City too).

For liquid eyeliner I use Bobbi Brown's gel. I love it!

cassandra

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 9:39 pm
I used to use Bobbi Brown's gel and stopped because it used to get very dried out and clumpy. Have they improved it?

TheBeinoni

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 9:40 pm
What got dried out - the actual gel in the pot or the brush? Because I always clean my brush after I use it or else it gets dried out and clumpy.

I bought mine on the plane from Duty Free coming home from EY. It was a back of Sepia and Black and a brush Smile

Toot

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:16 pm
I use Maybeline from Amazing Savings for eyeshadow, and a Maybeline mascara that my friend (who did my wedding makeup) swears by. I used to use the pink and green one, but this is in a silver bottle with blue writing, and it has a smaller brush.

My blush is Jane, a drugstore brand that I don't think exists anymore. I think my blush is from high school. I had Jane eyeshadow also, but they cracked about a year ago. That was a sad day.

I have lipstick and lip gloss that are both from Clinique bonuses, and they are amazing. I think the gloss is discontinued though...

If anyone is in NYC and hears of a Clinique bonus anywhere, please post it in this forum!

Maya

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:24 pm
MorahS wrote:

If anyone is in NYC and hears of a Clinique bonus anywhere, please post it in this forum!
You mean those in the department stores? The ones where you get those adorable little travel sizes? Very Happy

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:26 pm
MorahS wrote:

My blush is Jane, a drugstore brand that I don't think exists anymore. I think my blush is from high school. I had Jane eyeshadow also, but they cracked about a year ago. That was a sad day.

I used to love the Jane eyeshadows in my high school days!

Toot

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:27 pm
Maya wrote:
MorahS wrote:

You mean those in the department stores? The ones where you get those adorable little travel sizes? Very Happy

Yes! I'm with Clarissa, give me the cute cosmetic bag and half-size makeup - I'll buy something that I didn't need!

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:31 pm
MorahS wrote:
Maya wrote:
MorahS wrote:

Yes! I'm with Clarissa, give me the cute cosmetic bag and half-size makeup - I'll buy something that I didn't need!

I use to be like that too. I'd buy my Estee Lauder perfume when they were giving out the bonuses.

Maya

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:32 pm
MorahS wrote:
Maya wrote:
MorahS wrote:

Me, too. We must be crazy.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:46 pm
So I am not the only nutcase whose heart races when she sees one of those familiar signs hanging about promotions at the department stores? oh, the joys of digging into the loot on the train... LOL

cassandra

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:49 pm
hotmama wrote:
What got dried out - the actual gel in the pot or the brush? Because I always clean my brush after I use it or else it gets dried out and clumpy.

I bought mine on the plane from Duty Free coming home from EY. It was a back of Sepia and Black and a brush Smile

The makeup itself clumps. (So did my brushes... I was never that good about washing them.)

Clarissa

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:16 pm
Maya wrote:
MorahS wrote:
Maya wrote:
MorahS wrote:

Me, too. We must be crazy.
I'll tell you what crazy is. I used to travel on business, and sometimes when we had some time to waste, we'd stop in and see whatever convention was going on at our hotel. They were fun and interesting. Anyway, one time in San Francisco there was something where they gave out these goody bags with Neutrogena products. A whole bunch of people had left without their bags, and my partner and I were allowed to take a couple. You'd think I'd just won the lottery, I was so excited about some chapstick and cleanser.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:18 pm
I always wonder, is it because we're Jewish, or do other nationalities get excited about freebies too??
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics