Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What's your favorite make-up brand?
Previous  1  2  3

cookielady

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:19 pm
So does anyone else take home the free shampoo from the hotel?( every time even though I never end up using it.) embarrassed

TheBeinoni

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:23 pm
LOL I do sometimes. Depends on where we stayed! My father used to travel a lot for business and would bring it home for us a lot!

Clarissa

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:26 pm
I took it home if I liked it. The best was this beautiful hotel I stayed at in London. They had this gorgeous soap, and it was full-sized and smelled heavenly. Every day they'd put out three new ones in my bathroom, so I started to take one of the three, because I loved the smell. The chambermaid noticed this and they kept bringing me more and more, to be sweet to me. I mean, they'd leave this bowl of these beautiful soaps, a whole bunch of them, daily. I still have one or two that I've saved, because I love the smell so much, and I keep it in my bra drawer.

My boss used to love taking that stuff so much he'd take it from the cleaning cart in the hall. I wasn't quite so tacky. Close, but not that bad.

Dayzmom

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:32 pm
I use Stila eye shadows about 98% of the time. I like Dior's Forever foundation but my tried and true is Bobbi Brown's compact foundation. Lip gloss - I love Loreal Glam Shine, and the Dior Addict glosses. Blush would have to be Nars "??????" and bronzer Nars Laguna.

Toot

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:34 pm
Always. Especially if they have conditioner. I have a stash of little bottles in the medicine cabinet...

TV reference: Who remembers that Friends episode where Ross takes everything from the hotel? Including the toilet paper?

Hey Beauty, the actor who played Ross is Jewish... maybe you're on to something!

Toot

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:37 pm
Dayzmom wrote:
I use Stila eye shadows about 98% of the time. I like Dior's Forever foundation but my tried and true is Bobbi Brown's compact foundation. Lip gloss - I love Loreal Glam Shine, and the Dior Addict glosses. Blush would have to be Nars "??????" and bronzer Nars Laguna.

My wedding makeup artist friend says that Nars ????? is the greatest color!! My mother and I were a bit shocked at the name, but we agreed that the color was fabulous.

(Top left)
http://www.narscosmetics.com/B......aspx

newatit

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 12:20 am
lol I also love gettin the freebies! its kind of a tradition in my family to buy stuff just to get the gifts. btw here's something nice to do w all the stuff from hotels: draw a nice bath and think abt the vacatio you got them on (and if theyre from a work function pretend)

multi colored

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 1:05 am
I use Estee Lauder foundation called Maximum Coverage. It's great! and their no smudge mascara. Lipstick, I only use Mac, they have the best colors ever!

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 1:18 am
I think I may have posted this story, but it's worth repeating.
on my vacation this winter when I was pregnant, I was staying in a very nice hotel, where they had the most deeeelicious smelling stuff. Every day, like clarissa said, I used to take the shampoos and soaps and pack the stuff up in a special bag for this occassion. ( I knew what they would have, because I chose my hotel based on what toiletries they provide.... embarrassed )

well, one day we were passing a cart in the hall, and noone was to be found. I was too excited. my dh ran away from me cuz he gets so embarrased when I get into these modes, and I stuck my hand into the big stash of goodies, and threw a ton of stuff into my bag. I was so excited about my soaps.
well, I got onto the elevator, and started to gleefully unpack my stuff. package after package that came out were just packages of................ SHOWER CAPS.

It seriously ruined my day. but now, it makes me laugh, every time that memory comes up. I am still enjoying my stash of stuff.

btw, the stuff is from bath and body works aromatherapy line. the fragrance is orange ginger. yuuuum...

ss321

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 1:24 am
MorahS wrote:
Dayzmom wrote:

My wedding makeup artist friend says that Nars ????? is the greatest color!! My mother and I were a bit shocked at the name, but we agreed that the color was fabulous.

(Top left)
http://www.narscosmetics.com/B......aspx

yea. I think the questions marks replaced the name of the blush. but it is the best blush. ive tried so many brands, I love it. just peachy enough, not too orange, not too pink, good amount of sheen/sparkle and really stays put.

I love cle de peau (sp?) foundation. it is AMAZING. its like lotion w/ color. and looks pretty sheen-not too heavy, but covers up blotches and pimples and e/t.

Kmommy18

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 1:32 pm
I use NARS Laguna Bronzer too and I absolutly love it! I use Revlon colorstay liquid lipstick, and Revlon liquid eyeliner. Everything else (foundation, blush, eyeshadow, mascara) is MAC. I have a serious MAC eyeshadow obsession and I can't walk into Macy's without ending up buying at least 1 eyeshadow... Which is why I keep myself away from Macys... LOL.

Maya

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 1:39 pm
Beauty and the Beast wrote:

btw, the stuff is from bath and body works aromatherapy line. the fragrance is orange ginger. yuuuum...
Ooooh, the Marriott. My husband asked the housekeeper if he can have extra of the soaps and shampoos, and she gave us willingly. Those are heavenly!

Kmommy18

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 1:39 pm
Oh I forgot to add - I used Lancome under-eye concealer. I have to put this on every day no matter what, otherwise I look like I got punched in both eyes! Yes, my kids don't let me get enough sleep...

TheBeinoni

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 4:04 pm
Kmommy18 wrote:
Oh I forgot to add - I used Lancome under-eye concealer.

I do too - but which concealer? Is it specifically for under eye or is it the maquicomplet or something else?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics