Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Make up tricks
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Maya

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 12:12 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
Ok, I'm no mua at all, but ladies, isn't it time to stop the dark lipliner with the light lips???
Does anyone past high school age still do that? Very Happy

Ima'la

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 12:14 pm
Beauty and the Beast wrote:
Bambamama wrote:
hotmama wrote:
hotmama wrote:
Curl lashes BEFORE you put your mascara. It's amazing how many women do it the other way around.

are you serious?? it is so bad for the lashes that way!

it is bad to curl FIRST???????? The only professional who curled AFTER (if I am even remembering correctly) I ever saw was my makeup artist for my wedding in Israel. Other than that I was always told by pros from top line brands to curl first.

I think Beauty and the Beast meant are you serious about women doing it the other way around, right?

Interesting how things can be read differently by others, huh? lol! yes, I meant that it is very bad to curl them AFTER applying mascara!!

Phew! I was really troubled by that! I kept checking back all day waiting for you to wake up (I'm 7 hrs ahead of you) and clarify that! (I am not being facetious!) Very Happy

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 12:15 pm
Well I was in the supermarket yesterday and this woman, totally decked out in a fancy sheital and clothes still had the dark liner and light lips.

Maya

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 12:41 pm
newatit wrote:
-if eye makeup is sumdging under your eye try putting some powder there before and after applying makeup.
Thanks for this tip. I will definitely try it out. The eyeliner on my lower lashes is always smudging and making it look like dark circles under my eyes.

mom21n2

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 1:03 pm
pianist wrote:
Also, how can I hide my double chin;)

Turtleneck?
Scarf?

OldYoung

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 1:05 pm
Maya wrote:
newatit wrote:
-if eye makeup is sumdging under your eye try putting some powder there before and after applying makeup.
Thanks for this tip. I will definitely try it out. The eyeliner on my lower lashes is always smudging and making it look like dark circles under my eyes.

Try switching liner brands. Some smudge much more easily and quickly than others.

DF79

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 1:22 pm
Hide your double chin with hair...

Cut your hair/shaitel so that the layers hit right under your chin. Also more height on top of the crown will draw attention away from the chin.

You can also play around with your clothes . Wear things that eccentuate your best features, it draws away attention from your not best features.

TheBeinoni

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 1:27 pm
Ima'la wrote:
Bambamama wrote:
hotmama wrote:
hotmama wrote:
Curl lashes BEFORE you put your mascara. It's amazing how many women do it the other way around.

are you serious?? it is so bad for the lashes that way!

it is bad to curl FIRST???????? The only professional who curled AFTER (if I am even remembering correctly) I ever saw was my makeup artist for my wedding in Israel. Other than that I was always told by pros from top line brands to curl first.

I think Beauty and the Beast meant are you serious about women doing it the other way around, right?

Interesting how things can be read differently by others, huh? lol! yes, I meant that it is very bad to curl them AFTER applying mascara!!

Phew! I was really troubled by that! I kept checking back all day waiting for you to wake up (I'm 7 hrs ahead of you) and clarify that! (I am not being facetious!) Very Happy

Rolling Laughter I am really cracking up from this misunderstanding. When I though B&TB said you should curl AFTER applying mascara I was like, "And she calls herself a MUA?!?!" LOL

TheBeinoni

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 1:28 pm
Appletree wrote:
is it true that if you put foundation on your lips then the lipstick stays on longer. ( I once heard it )

Dont put foundation. Put pressed powder. Or a powder-to-cream foundation.

Ima'la

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 1:29 pm
DF79 wrote:
Hide your double chin with hair...

ok, before I read the rest of your post, I was thinking, "Um, I'm really not sure that chin hair is the way to go!"

gryp

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 1:50 pm
Yeah, I was sure she was talking about growing a beard. shock

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 2:41 pm
lol, hair on chin!!! LOL
( speaking of reading things the wrong way!)

FOundation on the lips just make your lips look more wrinkly since the foundation usually settles into the natural lines in your lip. When I apply lipstick, and want it to last longer, I blot and then I dust translucent powder on top, and apply lipstick again.

do stop your liner from smudging, use translucent powder again. ( can you tell I love that stuff? I use it everywhere...) just take your liner brush and sweep powder on top of liner.

octopus

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 3:09 pm
mom21n2 wrote:
pianist wrote:
Also, how can I hide my double chin;)

Turtleneck?
Scarf?

turtlenecks make a double chin look worse.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 3:29 pm
and scarves belong on your neck... LOL

Zus

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 3:42 pm
You can hide a double chin with some dark blush, applied lightly.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 4:03 pm
I use bronzer ( a medium brown color) to contour my face and hide my double chin. I have a very round face so contouring really helps me put some shape to it!

Zus

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 4:11 pm
By the way, the 'ideal' face shape is oval, so shading should be used in a way thatg the face looks oval.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 3:42 pm
Maya, try Revlon colorstay eyeliner - it's long lasting and doesn't smudge much. It also applies very smoothly.

sarahnurit

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 6:19 pm
How do you bring out the green in hazel eyes?

sarahnurit

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 6:22 pm
And also, I like to have a black line in my lower eyelid, but my eye starts to cry every time I try to draw it...I tird many many eyeliners and kayals, but no change... Crying
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics