Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Pricing for flowers for wedding in London
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 9:21 am
My brother is marrying a British girl. My parents are paying for the entire wedding. They agreed to spend whatever is considered average or slightly above average for the wedding. We’re having a hard time figuring out how much on average people spend on flowers for weddings.
Girl is from SH, if that makes a difference

Can anyone help with approximate pricing?

amother
NeonYellow

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 11:24 am
It really ranges vastly from very very basic to very very extravagant

Is the wedding taking place in London? If yes, in what hall? There might be a full package option.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 11:30 am
Maybe ask the florist to see pictures of what average people have done recently and work off that.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 11:35 am
First of all mazel tov! I live in Stamford hill but not yet the age of marrying of children.
One thing I definitely see here is that some people will use synthetic flowers and some will get some really fancy ones. If the wedding is in one of the local halls you can ask them. Otherwise just enquire by 2 florists and see what the price range is.

Ruchi

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 1:21 pm
Have you been in contact with Miri Mozes? She can do fresh or silk. She does allsorts of weddings upto very high end. Miri usually asks where the wedding is and other details so that she can get a sense of what kind of standard you are looking to have. But you can tell her outright that you are looking for average standard and request to see pictures of recent weddings featuring that price range.
Also, people who are having a wedding one day after the other sometimes share the flowers and the costs too. Which is a win win for both families. Miri will take care of those logistics too, but you have to initiate the connection with the other mechutonim.
If the wedding is in Yismach Moshe Hall, they have an all inclusive tekonas package.

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 3:16 pm
if I remember correctly I had average pretty nice flowers at my wedding (in SH) and think it costs £2000 got by miris would highly recomend!

Ruchi

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 3:25 pm
amother Aster wrote:
if I remember correctly I had average pretty nice flowers at my wedding (in SH) and think it costs £2000 got by miris would highly recomend!

This was for kalloh bouquet, backdrop and table centrepieces?
All silk?

amother
Midnight

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 3:44 pm
Another vote for miri moses. She fab and would know exactly how to guide you.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 4:26 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
It really ranges vastly from very very basic to very very extravagant

Is the wedding taking place in London? If yes, in what hall? There might be a full package option.

It will be in London. In the Decorium

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 4:29 pm
Ruchi wrote:
Have you been in contact with Miri Mozes? She can do fresh or silk. She does allsorts of weddings upto very high end. Miri usually asks where the wedding is and other details so that she can get a sense of what kind of standard you are looking to have. But you can tell her outright that you are looking for average standard and request to see pictures of recent weddings featuring that price range.
Also, people who are having a wedding one day after the other sometimes share the flowers and the costs too. Which is a win win for both families. Miri will take care of those logistics too, but you have to initiate the connection with the other mechutonim.
If the wedding is in Yismach Moshe Hall, they have an all inclusive tekonas package.

So my mother tried calling her to ask for average pricing but she was hedging on a concrete answer. She said “show me exactly what you want and I’ll give you a quote” and “if you give me a budget, I’ll work with your budget”. Neither of which answers what the average price range is.

We can’t be showing her pictures when we don’t know what the normal standards are

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 4:31 pm
My parents want to do real flowers, if that helps

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:40 am
Bumping this up

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 7:04 am
I've used Miri for many simchas, both big and small.
Great choice, you will not be disappointed.
She does huge events and small ones, and everything in between.
You can either choose what you like, and she will price up. Or give her your budget and see what she can do with that.
As to knowing what the average is here in London, there is a range. As her what is typical for the Decorium, and she will show you. Start from there, and then adapt accordingly.
Mazel tov

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 8:46 am
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
I've used Miri for many simchas, both big and small.
Great choice, you will not be disappointed.
She does huge events and small ones, and everything in between.
You can either choose what you like, and she will price up. Or give her your budget and see what she can do with that.
As to knowing what the average is here in London, there is a range. As her what is typical for the Decorium, and she will show you. Start from there, and then adapt accordingly.
Mazel tov

Thanks, but we just never got a clear answer from her. We do plan on hiring her iy”h but we do need to figure out what the budget will be, first. And she just isn’t giving us a clear answer. We don’t know what the standards are and how much people in London typically spend on flowers. So until we know that, we can’t create a budget or begin working on anything

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 9:48 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, but we just never got a clear answer from her. We do plan on hiring her iy”h but we do need to figure out what the budget will be, first. And she just isn’t giving us a clear answer. We don’t know what the standards are and how much people in London typically spend on flowers. So until we know that, we can’t create a budget or begin working on anything

There is no standard. You'll have some people who go over the top and some have very plain. You really need to decide a budget and get her to show you pictures in that price range to make sure you're happy.
£2000 sounds way too cheap for a chupa, backdrop and kallah bouquet..
Really recommend Miri Mozes, she's the best here. She did my engagement and wedding

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 9:53 am
Why don't you check out her website and Instagram page, see what you like and ask her the price. Alot of the stuff she posts on insta is high end

https://flowersbymiri.co.uk/?page_id=2966 plenty ideas to choose from, they look like they're all different price ranges.

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 9:55 am
Maybe Moishy Davis will be able to help you with the average budget. He's a wedding planner and as far as I know manages the Decorium.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 11:06 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
Why don't you check out her website and Instagram page, see what you like and ask her the price. Alot of the stuff she posts on insta is high end

https://flowersbymiri.co.uk/?page_id=2966 plenty ideas to choose from, they look like they're all different price ranges.

Thank you! I’ll try that

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 11:06 am
amother Midnight wrote:
Maybe Moishy Davis will be able to help you with the average budget. He's a wedding planner and as far as I know manages the Decorium.

I’ll ask! Thank you so much!

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 11:16 am
Another vote for Miri, she did a great job at my wedding but have no clue about price ranges, I see all sorts of budgets at weddings, from basic silk flowers and really extravagant.
I spotted my wedding in one of the pictures on that link that was posted lol.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics