Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Journal and Tapes

Motek

Post Thu, Nov 18 2004, 4:00 pm
if you can make the time, it's great to keep a journal on your kids, writing down what they did at which ages, the cute things they said, describing different events

you think you'll remember but YOU WON'T!

it's fantastic to be able to read it years later

it's not something you have to write in daily or even weekly

you can jot down notes of things you want to write when you have the chance

a related idea is to do taping sessions with your kids every once in a while, ask them questions about school, have them sing songs, also if you go on a trip, to have the kids do a tape diary, saying what they did each day

my father did that with us and boy is it great to hear myself as a little kid, priceless

gryp

Post Thu, Nov 18 2004, 4:05 pm
I got a baby calendar for the first year in the mail free. I dont know how or why, but I was thrilled! I wrote down everything, when he started to teethe, sleep, sit, crawl,.. and it also has pockets for "memories" and souvenirs, and a place for pictures. its wonderful to look back even now, these few short months later and wonder how my baby was ever that small.

Tefila

Post Thu, Nov 18 2004, 4:54 pm
Quote:
I wrote down everything, when he started to teethe, sleep, sit, crawl,..

Can tell it's your first child LOL LOL

Rochel Leah

Post Thu, Nov 18 2004, 6:17 pm
motek, I really like the taping idea, do you tape your kids too, and if so how often and of what?

I have a shoebox covered in pretty paper where I put all his "souvenirs" band from hospital, the shirt they gave him to wear, cards from people at his bris ..and I baught a jewish baby book from a judaica store to include all the milestones etc...it is nice though because it has a sectionf for bris and then upsherin---can put a pice of hair there and it has a section for first chanukah , etc..

I put all the doubles of his pictures in an album just for him...I'm thinking for the future,cuz when I got maried I took alot of my baby pictures to keep with me, and my mother was very upset cuz she wanted to keep them( don't worry I didn't take all of them)

I wanted to do scrapbook ,but I have no time and I say by child number 5 iyh I definalty won't have time so I will be fair and make everyone a shoebox which isnt that time consuming. in my in laws family they kept some info but my one bro in law kept track of one of his little brothers milestones, he kpet it and is plannig of giving it to him when he is older.
so for those who are busy with many kids, have you're older siblings make a book out of it.

I'm sorry guys...this is a megila...

Tefila

Post Thu, Nov 18 2004, 7:12 pm
Quote:
I have a shoebox covered in pretty paper where I put all his "souvenirs" band from hospital, the shirt they gave him to wear, cards from people at his bris ..and I baught a jewish baby book from a judaica store to include all the milestones etc...it is nice though because it has a sectionf for bris and then upsherin---can put a pice of hair there and it has a section for first chanukah

Cute idea!
I put them in albums...... how boring Smile Till a yr old I make adorable scrapbook albums for each of them. But after I just take videos and 101 pics of them and put them straight away in album but always write caption on other side quick, easy and I know it will get done!
I have a camera on my fridge and snap whenever, the poses I have caught my kids in is sometimes hysterical and beautiful

gryp

Post Fri, Nov 19 2004, 6:17 am
I also take videos and pictures and send them out by email.

everyone says to me: "I can tell its your first!" and I say "I hope they are all like a first to me!" I know it doesnt happen this way but I will try to make it happen.

Tefila

Post Fri, Nov 19 2004, 11:27 am
Quote:
and send them out by email

Good idea Idea .... I will do that too Wink ... copy cat Rolling Eyes

zuncompany

Post Fri, Nov 19 2004, 11:34 am
I make videos and take a million pics. I put up the good ones on our webpage. Also my mom's cousin makes each one of my kids a scrapbook (and told me she plans on doing it for each one) so all I have to do is glue in pics!

Sara

Tefila

Post Fri, Nov 19 2004, 11:52 am
Quote:
I put up the good ones on our webpage.

I love your web page Zun! Very Happy

Tefila

Post Wed, Jan 26 2005, 12:12 pm
Couldn't resist

zuncompany

Post Wed, Jan 26 2005, 12:20 pm
thanks! I had a ton more up but something happened and the pics weren't viewable. My family loves it cause they are all in the midwest- hubby's family too. I need to put up the video of Zu in the snow. My mom got him the snowsuit for channukah and he is loving it! It makes her feel so good to see the kids use what they send.

sara

roza

Post Wed, Jan 26 2005, 3:45 pm
ppl keep bloggers or livejournal about their kids. I have one such- private one.

sarahd

Post Thu, Jan 27 2005, 2:04 am
We only have a digital camera, which is great for e-mailing pictures to my family and friends, who all live overseas (or is I who live overseas? Smile), but not so great for long-term memories. I'm lousy at the picture album stuff anyhow.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 27 2005, 9:58 am
I am not one in favor of videotaping births. But my husband audio recorded it. It was his idea, too! I don't think I ever heard the tape, though Scratching Head .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics