Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Tanning beds

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 12:33 pm
Does anyone here go to tanning beds like once a week to tan? my freind does it she always looks great.. just wondering is it dangerous?

Maya

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 12:37 pm
I did it at one point for a few days because I got it for free. I don't think it's dangerous, but I'm not entirely sure.

I wonder if it's more or less dangerous, or not at all, than the self-tanning creams and sprays.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 12:48 pm
I know someone that got c and the dr. said it's from the tanning bed. I personaly would stay away from them, at one point it has an effect on the skin.

bpgirl

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 12:51 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I know someone that got c and the dr. said it's from the tanning bed. I personaly would stay away from them, at one point it has an effect on the skin.

u know someone that got what?

Lani22

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 12:52 pm
Found this on the internet:

most tanning beds release very high and dangerous levels of ultraviolet radiation, which has been shown through massive testing to cause premature aging while increasing the risk of skin cancer. because tanning beds emit from 50% to 100% the amount of UV rays than from natural sunlight, you would be safer lying out on the beach for a few hours.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 12:55 pm
bpgirl wrote:
flowerpower wrote:

u know someone that got what?

cancer Sad

Appletree

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 1:23 pm
I did it a long time ago I got some rashes all over my body. I think the rashes came bec my body was not used to being exposed to the light.
and yes I think its not healthy

TheBeinoni

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 1:36 pm
OF COURSE IT IS DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention you WILL be wrinkly when you are older, and I don't mean 80.. I mean by the time you are 50 if not earlier.

Is it really worth it? I used to go occasionally when I was younger. My aunt had one in her basement. Now I have tons of beauty marks on my body as a result and I need at least one of them removed. B"H I don't think they are cancerous, but in general this is just not what is healthy for your skin.

Is a "tan" really worth it? There are great products out there these days that are easy to use. Plus, why does everyone have to be tan??? I am SEPHARDIC and was always made fun of for being so fair, but I think I am beautiful and I don't care that everyone else is dark besides me. Good quality foundation and bronzer go a LONG way, trust me.

As for your legs, like I said, there are wonderful products out there. Personally I can recommend Lancome, but I know there are others that are just as great. Would you go sit on a roof top with a reflector and tanning oil? NO. Please do not go tanning, as the bed are way stronger than the sun. You WILL regret it in the future!

Kmommy18

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 1:44 pm
Although I love the idea of being able to lie in a bed and get a tan, I would NEVER do it. It's even worse than smoking when it comes to cancer... Seriously it's not worth it.

ss321

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 2:52 pm
amother wrote:
just wondering is it dangerous?

are you kidding?

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 4:10 pm
NEVER TAN ON A TANNING BED. PLEASE!!!
God forbid skin cancer, and wrinkles should scare anybody away from a tanning bed. If you really want a tan, you can fake it with an airbrushed tan.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 2:01 am
I know someone who used to go to tanning beds all the time when she was in her early twenties. She always looked so great and healthy. But now that she's in her mid-thirties, she looks like a 45 year old. Not to mention that she put herself at a serious health risk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics