Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Best concealer for under eye circles
1  2  Next

Amital

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 4:18 pm
OK, all you make up types: Please help! Help

What is the best concealer for under eye circles? I've got both genetics and late nights coming at me, and I have the circles to prove it. LOL

I have the lightest skin color for most foundations, but some concealers are too light and they look funny. Whoever heard of "light circles" under someone's eyes? Others are too dark and look like someone got a little creative with the tan in a can application. I'm perfectly willing to consider my technique may be at fault here, too.

What will cover, and how do you apply it best? Powder, cream, liquid? In combination? Brushes, fingers, applicators?

Anything that won't break the bank, but will do the job? What works for you?

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 7:48 pm
I can't give you an exact color for concealer without seeing your coloring. You can always mix two colors to get a perfect shade.
Try Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage.
I usually use cream on dark circles and dab it on with my finger or a concealer brush after foundation. Then I blend the line into the foundation.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 7:51 pm
I tried a nice amount and found shaklee to be the best. It has the bext texture and blends in well.

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 8:05 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I tried a nice amount and found shaklee to be the best. It has the bext texture and blends in well.

shaklee has makeup?

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 8:05 pm
Yes, a whole line. My friend once hosted a make up party and I had to buy something so I chose the concealer. It was one of the best things I ever did.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 8:32 pm
amitalmaia wrote:
OK, all you make up types: Please help! Help

What is the best concealer for under eye circles? I've got both genetics and late nights coming at me, and I have the circles to prove it. LOL

I have the lightest skin color for most foundations, but some concealers are too light and they look funny. Whoever heard of "light circles" under someone's eyes? Others are too dark and look like someone got a little creative with the tan in a can application. I'm perfectly willing to consider my technique may be at fault here, too.

What will cover, and how do you apply it best? Powder, cream, liquid? In combination? Brushes, fingers, applicators?

Anything that won't break the bank, but will do the job? What works for you?

I have the same exact issues as you. And, at one of my best friend's weddings, where I was a bridesmaid, all of the pictures look like I have lights shining out from under my eyes! You couldn't tell in person, but on film, my undereye was waaayyy too light Sad .

shoy18

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 9:12 pm
channel makes a cream concealer with a brush looks like mascara definitely the best!

Amital

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 11:31 pm
shoy18 wrote:
channel makes a cream concealer with a brush looks like mascara definitely the best!

The brush looks like mascara? And the makeup is a cream? How does that work?

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 11:35 pm
I would LOVE to find the perfect concealer for under my eyes. I've tried a ton and none seem to work.

if I dont wear concealer - I seriously look disgusting. sometimes I just dont go out shabbos day.

Maya

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 11:44 pm
I once read that Benefit makes the best one. I'll have to look for it, and get back to you.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, Jul 30 2008, 12:26 am
choosing concealers really depends what kind of skin you have, and what kind of coverage you are looking for.
for a more sheer natural look, liquid is good, but if you have oily skin, then I would either use a powder on top, or use a powder concealer.
for a heavier coverage, a solid concealer is good...

I like benefit bo-ing, benefit bluffing, too faced absolutely flawless concealer is great.
I carry amazing concealer too, it comes in a pot with 3 different shades, to mix and match to get the right tone, and I love it. It is very natural looking and works beautifully.

Amital

Post Wed, Jul 30 2008, 2:14 am
I have boing concealer in medium, and it's too dark. The light is too light--it's that under the eye glow that looks so strange. I guess I should mix them together!

But how does one best apply concealer? I've tried under and over foundation (when I wear it), but most days, I just want to slap it on and go. In fact, for me mascara comes first (light blond hair and eyelashes = washed out and exhausted without!), but a good concealer is number 2 on my list, and I've yet to find anything that looks right.

What kind of makeup are the ones people have recommended--like the Laura Mercier or Shaklee? Or we talking creams or liquids?

Thanks everyone!

Amital

Post Wed, Jul 30 2008, 2:17 am
Beauty and the Beast wrote:
choosing concealers really depends what kind of skin you have, and what kind of coverage you are looking for.
for a more sheer natural look, liquid is good, but if you have oily skin, then I would either use a powder on top, or use a powder concealer.
for a heavier coverage, a solid concealer is good...

Hey Beauty, what looks most natural for everyday wear? I can't really get my mind around sheer concealer...isn't the point to conceal? But I'm absolutely no expert! Smile

Amital

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 12:14 pm
Anyone ever tried mineral concealer (powder)? I bought some a while ago, but it seems to make my undereye area look dry and strange. Of course, the advertisements raved about it, but anyone get it to look nice IRL?

Stepmum

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 2:37 pm
I LOVE YSL's Touche Eclat. I have very fair skin, but I know people with darker skin than me who use it, and it looks good on both. It's not trying to match the colour, it's more about lightening the area and brightening it. I've never looked like I have lights under my eyes tho...

I have to say, it is rather pricey, but, in my opinion, VERY worth it. And it lasts for ages...

yOungM0mmy

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 4:02 pm
Stepmum wrote:
I LOVE YSL's Touche Eclat. I have very fair skin, but I know people with darker skin than me who use it, and it looks good on both. It's not trying to match the colour, it's more about lightening the area and brightening it. I've never looked like I have lights under my eyes tho...

I have to say, it is rather pricey, but, in my opinion, VERY worth it. And it lasts for ages...

was reading all the way through, and wondered why this wasnt mentioned. I also use this, one pen lasted me over a year, and I use it almost daily. I got a 9 month old who doesnt sleep through the night, so thats more than a year that I have not slept through the night once, and it definitely makes a difference!

simba

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 8:27 pm
Sleep!

shoy18

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 8:47 pm
Amital wrote:
shoy18 wrote:

The brush looks like mascara? And the makeup is a cream? How does that work?

its cream in what looks like a mascara container and instead of a mascara wand its a small brush

Tefila

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 8:52 pm
Talking about concealers and I use the cover girl. I do not need foundation since I use concealer to cover undereyes shadows and any other blemish from a pimple that sometimes occurs.

faigie

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 6:37 pm
I aughta write an article on this.........
So........... whats the deal when ya gotta conceal?
under eye circles are generally of the purple to brown vaireity.
in order to conceal those purple shiners,,,,, what we REALLY need to do is blend those shiners with some color that together makes a skin tone.
how do we do that?
We think about a color wheel. ( remember art class?)
on that color wheel, the opposite of purple is.....
YELLOW
SO...............
In order to cover up those under eye shadows, we need to use yellow, or skin tones with a bit of yellow blended into it.
Either get yourself ready made yellow based cream concealer ( the kind in a pot) or get one of those three sectioned pot concealers that have the yellow amber separate, with two shades of skin tone on either side.
I use my finger to apply this stuff,, even though im a brush freak, becuase the warmth of your finger will help melt the product and let it go on smoother.
Ok ladies,, ya just got the first rough draft of a part of my article for some upcoming issue of the jewish connection........ LOL
hope you enjoyed!
faigie
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics